Options

Buy this photo option not showing

latentlatent Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited January 30, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Hi

I have set a price list and made a couple of galleries available to sell images. I note that when a potential buyer clicks the green Buy button, some images do not offer the option "buy this photo" displaying only the option to "buy images from this gallery" Initially, I thought it was because I had not uploaded a high quality image, but having replaced some of them with Hi res versions, the "buy this photo" option is still missing from a number of images.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2016
    Are these "collected" photos? Or on a keyword page? Photos will do whatever their original gallery defines.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2016
    Allen wrote: »
    Are these "collected" photos? Or on a keyword page? Photos will do whatever their original gallery defines.

No, they are in my main galleries.
  • Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 28, 2016
    Hello,

Could you give me a link to the gallery that is having the issue and I will take a look at the settings so see if I can tell what may be amiss in the gallery. Then if you can indicate some of the images you see are missing the option to buy I can look at those in specific. If you don't want to share the gallery or images links here, you may write to us at help@smugmug.com with those details and we will take a look.

Standing by...

Jen
    Support Hero
    Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited January 28, 2016
    latent wrote: »
    ...having replaced some of them with Hi res versions, the "buy this photo" option is still missing from a number of images.
    I found at least one photo in your Travel gallery that is too small - when I look at the sizes you have Medium and then Original. And this photo in your Pictorial gallery shows the largest size as Large. That is also too small. I'd recommend not allowing access to the Original images; set the maximum display size to anything smaller than O. The originals are always used for printing but they are not used for normal display purposes. While saving directly from your smug site is somewhat protected by the right click message placing a spacer image on top of the photo it is quite easy to construct a URL to show the photo in a browser window outside of the construct of your site. Right click save is possible there.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2016
    I found at least one photo in your Travel gallery that is too small - when I look at the sizes you have Medium and then Original. And this photo in your Pictorial gallery shows the largest size as Large. That is also too small. I'd recommend not allowing access to the Original images; set the maximum display size to anything smaller than O. The originals are always used for printing but they are not used for normal display purposes. While saving directly from your smug site is somewhat protected by the right click message placing a spacer image on top of the photo it is quite easy to construct a URL to show the photo in a browser window outside of the construct of your site. Right click save is possible there.

--- Denise

Thank you Denise. Very much appreciated