FS: Nikon 500 f/4, 28-70 f/2.8, 17-35 f/2.8, Sigma/Nikon 10-20 f/4-5.6

PabloPablo Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited June 16, 2010 in Nikon Land
6/21/10 update: The 500mm is the only lens left, and it is now listed on Ebay with an ending date of Sunday, June 27. The auction link follows here. I got some nice feedback (below) from buyers of the other lenses here in this forum, and I certainly appreciate that.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170503067119&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

6/16/10 update: All the lenses listed here have now sold except the 500mm f/4 which will go on ebay this Sunday, June 20, if not sold by then at the reduced price below. I see the 500mm f/4 is now selling for at least $200-$300. more than that in recent ebay history. Mine looks to be in better shape than most offered on ebay.

6/12/10 update: As of today, the 28-70 and 17-35 lenses listed below are SOLD. The other two lenses (500mm f/4 and Sigma 10-20mm for Nikon) have not sold and will likely be offered on ebay this Sunday or next Sunday. I'll post again if that happens. Thank you!

5/29/10 update: You can knock 10% off the prices listed below for equipment still for sale. I do need to sell...

ABOUT ME: I'm a newbie here at dgrin, though a pro photographer (landscape/historical) for nearly 30 years, and a smugmug.com member for several years. To help earn your trust in buying from me, I will provide my phone number upon request (send me an email or PM through this forum or at links below.) We can then talk further about any questions/concerns. I'm a member of the Chamber of Commerce in Custer, SD, and they know me here in our small town if you'd like further references. I will treat you with respect and will hope for the same in return.

WHY I AM SELLING: I'm a bit of a gear junkie...the 4 lenses I'm selling overlap other focal lengths in my arsenal. My business partner (a.k.a. wife) asked me to consider selling the surplus to fund a remodeling project. The links below (hosted at my smugmug site) contain much more info on condition + many close-up photos of each lens + actual photos taken with each lens. I believe my asking prices to be close to or somewhat lower than recent comparable ebay sales. These lenses will go on ebay in a week or two if not sold by then.

BASIC CONDITION:
All items from a non-smoking home/office. There are NO mechanical problems with any of these lenses, all zoom/focus rings turn smoothly, diaphragms operate smoothly, glass is extremely good to flawless, with at very worst a few small cleaning marks (visible in the photos, when present). I've posted one photo of each lens here for your convenience but please check the links for more detailed images.

SHIPPING:
Flat $15. shipping charge (via UPS Ground) on all items (lower 48 states).

Expedited shipping possible. All items will be carefully packed with plenty of padding around them. Actual cost charged for shipping to Canada/HI/AK (ask). Prefer not to ship elsewhere on the planet. PayPal or CC by phone accepted. Will consider postal money order if preferred but good communication will be required.

THE GOODS:

5/29/10 update: You can knock 10% off the prices listed below for equipment still for sale. In other words, the 500mm is $2205., the 17-35 is now $1080. and the 10-20 Sigma is now $346. Quite reasonable pricing on any of these lenses!

500mm f/4 "P" IF-ED Nikon lens. $2450.00 Works with FX or DX sensors or film. I have had this lens for at least 15 years, but it is in very good condition. I only took it out once in a while and am the original owner. A bright, sharp lens! This is the INTERNAL manual focus lens, very easy to focus (even with bifocals...ask me!) The "P" means it has the electronics to interface with current digital Nikon bodies in all modes (but no autofocus of course). Comes with original Nikon hard-side carrying trunk, a Domke soft case, Arca-type tripod mount, and more (see photos). About $5000. less than the current autofocus model!
http://tinyurl.com/Nikon500mmf4

28-70mm f/2.8D AF-S IF-ED Nikon lens. THIS LENS IS NOW SOLD for $795.
http://tinyurl.com/Nikon28-70mmf-2-8

17-35mm f/2.8D AF-S IF-ED Nikon lens.
$1200.00 FX or DX sensors, or film. About 6 years old. With original case (never used) both caps, hood and box/instructions. Excellent condition overall.
http://tinyurl.com/Nikon17-35mmf-2-8

10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma (for Nikon) lens.
$385. DX-only lens. Latest model, has had minimal use. Purchased Fall of 2007. Glass is flawless. All original accessories (caps and hood) but I do not have the box for this lens. I honestly favor the Nikon 10-24mm over this Sigma (mechanically more so than optically), but of course the Nikon cost twice as much...
http://tinyurl.com/Sigma10-20mmforNikon

Thanks for taking a look.

Comments

• kmkzbdonkmkzbdon Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Just wanted to give my feedback on my transaction with Pablo. I purchased his 28-70mm and couldn't be happier with the transaction. It arrived quickly, was packaged well and was exactly as described. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again and if anyone is interested in any of his other lenses I assure you will be pleased with the transaction. Thanks again Pablo.

-Brandon
  • PabloPablo Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 3, 2010
    Thanks for the kind feedback...still have other lenses for sale.
    kmkzbdon wrote: »
    Just wanted to give my feedback on my transaction with Pablo. I purchased his 28-70mm and couldn't be happier with the transaction. It arrived quickly, was packaged well and was exactly as described. I wouldn't hesitate to deal with him again and if anyone is interested in any of his other lenses I assure you will be pleased with the transaction. Thanks again Pablo.

-Brandon

Thanks, Brandon! I appreciate the kind words and am glad you're happy with your new lens! P.
  • firewirefirewire Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Do you have any shots with the 17-35 at 17mm and f/2.8? I would like to see the sharpness of this copy of this lens. I don't expect 100% perfect in the corners, but would like to see how acceptable it is. I followed your link, but most of the shots where from F7.1-F22.

This could be a good savings over the 14-24mm.

Thank you!

David
    edited June 4, 2010
    posted sample images 17-35mm at f/2.8
    firewire wrote: »
    Do you have any shots with the 17-35 at 17mm and f/2.8? I would like to see the sharpness of this copy of this lens. I don't expect 100% perfect in the corners, but would like to see how acceptable it is. I followed your link, but most of the shots where from F7.1-F22.

This could be a good savings over the 14-24mm.

Thank you!

David

Hi David,
    Good question! I located and posted 4 scenic images shot at f/2.8 and I hope these will be of some help to you. I could only find one at 17mm, an aerial, taken from an airplane with no other special equipment (no gyroscope). I found the sharpness good enough to publish in a recent book. The others were shot at different points in the zoom range. (As you've apparently discovered, EXIF info can be seen on a slideout over the enlarged image).

I did just shoot a test chart at f/2.8 to f/8 and also posted those images, which perhaps will be useful to you...I would honestly say, this lens is not AS sharp in the corners at f/2.8 as at 5.6 or 8 but I believe that is normal. I think some of that unsharpness in the test chart corners is because the corners of the chart are farther from the camera than the center focus point---so depth of field does not pull the corners in as well. F/8 looks fantastic all the way across. But again, you be the judge.

These images are posted here:
    http://tinyurl.com/24hlcam

Thanks again, and let me know if you have any other questions.
    P.
  • firewirefirewire Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Very acceptable pics! Thank you!

I am considering it.... :)

BTW, I love the Rapid City Fire pic you took. I work for a fire department and you gave me some inspiration and ideas for composition for a group shot.
  • xstartxtodayxxstartxtodayx Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    PM sent regarding 17-35mm lens.
    edited June 12, 2010
    17-35mm lens is SOLD as of 6-11-10
    PM sent regarding 17-35mm lens.
    The 17-35mm lens is now sold.
  • xstartxtodayxxstartxtodayx Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2010
    Pablo wrote: »
    The 17-35mm lens is now sold.

The lens arrived today and it is just as described thumb.gif thanks for the excellent packaging and prompt shipping. If anyone is considering any of his other items I would not hesitate to do business with Pablo, he is a pleasure to work with.

GL with the rest of the sales thumb.gif