Options

Show and tell...

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited January 6, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
OK, here's the deal.

I'm going to post two images. DON'T SCROLL DOWN to the originals until you've given your best guess what these are.

I posted these After and Before images so that you could see what you can do with images, that are basically boring in original form.
Randy

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2014
    Creative options are infinite for you then!clap.gifbow
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Creative options are infinite for you then!clap.gifbow
    You didn't say what you thought they were ne_nau.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2014
    rwells wrote: »
    You didn't say what you thought they were ne_nau.gif

Hey man...I watch the ending of the movies first....before watching rest of the movie! No patience.....for me....to win at this game....first question....then guess....then answers....later...:D
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2014
    Well, I'm a total flop at this game. I thought the first image was one of a skanky commode in an outhouse. I had the second one pegged as a birthing cave where little rocks became big rocks. I was never good at stuff like this.

Take care, Pard,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2014
    Well, I'm a total flop at this game. I thought the first image was one of a skanky commode in an outhouse. I had the second one pegged as a birthing cave where little rocks became big rocks. I was never good at stuff like this.

Take care, Pard,

Tom
    That's OK Pard,

The main reason I posted all this was to show that you don't have to stay confined in the box on all your shots. I kept the images fairly intact for this post, meaning no crop, rotation, etc. just for illustrative purposes. The point is: The only boundaries are self imposed. As I know your keenly aware of this with rust shots, it's true for all subjects.

Carry on...
    Randy
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2014
    Randy, your crayon box just gets bigger and bigger every day--those are shades of blue I've never seen before! Great reminder of what we can achieve with a little imagination.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2014
    Randy, I like the Horse on the right in the second of each set! Love images where things like this show up! I see you're still in Your Blue Period! thumb.gif:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2014
    Howdy You,

I have to say, I would have never come up with
    what your Conversion started as.

Love those Colors, agree not ones you see normally
    and I think that's what draws one in so much.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2014
    redleash wrote: »
    Randy, your crayon box just gets bigger and bigger every day--those are shades of blue I've never seen before! Great reminder of what we can achieve with a little imagination.

Hey Lauren,

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

I don't know any photographers who are 100% satisfied with their capabilities. If we don't push ourselves to learn something new (to us), how would we get more versatile?

Just take something mundane in your photo archive's, play with it like it's never going to see the light of day. You just might be surprised what comes of it.

Nobody's going to get hurt...Honest thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2014
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Randy, I like the Horse on the right in the second of each set! Love images where things like this show up! I see you're still in Your Blue Period! thumb.gif:D

Don

Don,

I'm glad your still seeing things headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gif

Blue today, who knows about tomorrow!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2014
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy You,

I have to say, I would have never come up with
    what your Conversion started as.

Love those Colors, agree not ones you see normally
    and I think that's what draws one in so much.

Howdy Pard,

Just an exercise really.

Hope you and KK have a great Christmas!
    Randy
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2014
    Fun exercise and discussion Randy!
    But, what impresses me most, is that you got to see (and touch?) actual dinosaur footprints!
    How cool is that!

btw.. I love the show Prospectors, so I'm really enjoying your shots from that area. thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    But, what impresses me most, is that you got to see (and touch?) actual dinosaur footprints!
    How cool is that!

btw.. I love the show Prospectors, so I'm really enjoying your shots from that area. thumb.gif
    Actually and every day potential event for me! Surprised I only saw the horse! I should have see the dino prints. We currently have an exhibit at work that features the ones from the Connecticut River Valley out East, here. DinoTracks

thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited December 25, 2014
    Earache wrote: »
    How cool is that!

Thanks Eric,

It's strange to believe as they say that North Texas was a coastline in the last days of the dinosaur. Putting your hand in those tracks lets you move back in time.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited December 25, 2014
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Actually and every day potential event for me! Surprised I only saw the horse! I should have see the dino prints. We currently have an exhibit at work that features the ones from the Connecticut River Valley out East, here. DinoTracks

thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Don

Well, it would have been a wild guess indeed to have thought someone would have posted dinosaur tracks rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2014
    Very creative, indeed. I thought the first shot was something to do with rocks and water...maybe a puddle or something. The second one, I KNEW was rocks, but still had no frame of reference for size, shape of the hole, etc.

I love fossil finds and this one is a real treat. Thanks so much for sharing!
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2014
    Very creative, indeed. I thought the first shot was something to do with rocks and water...maybe a puddle or something. The second one, I KNEW was rocks, but still had no frame of reference for size, shape of the hole, etc.

I love fossil finds and this one is a real treat. Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks for looking and your thoughts!
    Randy
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2014
    Interesting and creative. I like that you showed the 'before'. Shows how much fun one can have with a photo.
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2015
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Interesting and creative. I like that you showed the 'before'. Shows how much fun one can have with a photo.

Thanks Mary,

Now show us some fun with a photo!
    Randy
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2015
    It looks like an astroid that busted up and floating in space....that is pretty cool!
  • Options
    edited January 6, 2015
    Eia wrote: »
    It looks like an astroid that busted up and floating in space....that is pretty cool!

Thanks for stopping by AnnaMaria!

Looks spacy to me too.
    Randy