Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2014
    OMG good Pard!!thumb.gif
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2014
    Holey optical crap! Is it a hole or a floating blob o rust? Most excellent, Randy.

thumb.gif

Don

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,920 moderator
    edited December 16, 2014
    Gorgeous. Are you shooting with the Hubble telescope these days? lol3.gif
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2014
    Superb rust work, Randy. I love your interpretations of the mystical qualities rust possesses. When you decided to become a full-blown JUNKIE, you came on with a vengeance. I hope more folks can catch the bug....can't have too many rust shooters.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    OMG good Pard!!thumb.gif

I like that Taz 👍
    Randy
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2014
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Holey optical crap! Is it a hole or a floating blob o rust? Most excellent, Randy.

thumb.gif

Don

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Thanks Don!

It's floating... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2014
    Richard wrote: »
    Gorgeous. Are you shooting with the Hubble telescope these days? lol3.gif

Naw, but that 2,000x extender is working quite well 😃

Thanks for stopping in Richard
    Randy
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2014
    Superb rust work, Randy. I love your interpretations of the mystical qualities rust possesses. When you decided to become a full-blown JUNKIE, you came on with a vengeance. I hope more folks can catch the bug....can't have too many rust shooters.

Take care,

Tom

Hey Pard,

As time passes I've thought a bit more about the rust stuff.

I think that it falls into its own category, because it doesn't fit anywhere else. I think that it barely qualifies as photography even though the basic subject is captured with a camera. I am reluctant to say this as I'm no expert on the subject, but I think that it probably falls into the category of "art".

You have maintained this conclusion for some time, and I'm unable to refute it.

But remember, as I've pointed out before; by definition, a kid smearing watercolors on paper is creating "art", and therefore is an artist.

All this said, I think rust is something that may command more attention and effort. No telling were it will take me.
    Randy
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2014
    rwells wrote: »
    Hey Pard,

As time passes I've thought a bit more about the rust stuff.

I think that it falls into its own category, because it doesn't fit anywhere else. I think that it barely qualifies as photography even though the basic subject is captured with a camera. I am reluctant to say this as I'm no expert on the subject, but I think that it probably falls into the category of "art".

You have maintained this conclusion for some time, and I'm unable to refute it.

But remember, as I've pointed out before; by definition, a kid smearing watercolors on paper is creating "art", and therefore is an artist.

All this said, I think rust is something that may command more attention and effort. No telling were it will take me.

It can take you as far and wide as your creative juices will allow. I've always looked at my rust photography and subsequent PP work as a supreme opportunity for exploration; a chance to see what my mind would create when freed from some of the bondages of " traditional " photography. Like I've said before, when I'm creating my rust art, I'm like a kid who has every toy in the world....it's play time.

I can tell you that the art we create has a much broader appeal than you might think. I've had feedback, from folks who ought to know, that there's definitely a market out there for this stuff....they've never seen anything quite like it.

See you, Pard,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2014
    WOW! It's phantasmagoric!!

Pretty soon we will need a DGrin forum for "Rust" only. I agree with Tom and Randy about the chance for endless creativity............. come on y'all, let's see more!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2014
    redleash wrote: »

Pretty soon we will need a DGrin forum for "Rust" only. I agree with Tom and Randy about the chance for endless creativity............. come on y'all, let's see more!

Learned a new word, "phantasmagoric"! One of my new favorite words!thumb.gif
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2014
    It can take you as far and wide as your creative juices will allow. I've always looked at my rust photography and subsequent PP work as a supreme opportunity for exploration; a chance to see what my mind would create when freed from some of the bondages of " traditional " photography. Like I've said before, when I'm creating my rust art, I'm like a kid who has every toy in the world....it's play time.

I can tell you that the art we create has a much broader appeal than you might think. I've had feedback, from folks who ought to know, that there's definitely a market out there for this stuff....they've never seen anything quite like it.

See you, Pard,

Tom

Well said Tom.

Outstanding picture Randy!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2014
    redleash wrote: »

Alright Lauren,

I'm going to have to start posting simpler images so that I know what your calling them ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2014
    Juano wrote: »
    Well said Tom.

Outstanding picture Randy!clap.gif

Thanks Cristóbal!
    Randy