Rocky shoreline

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited July 22, 2016 in Other Cool Shots
This was shot recently in the Acadia National Park on Maine's southern shore....a visually stunning place.

New%20England%20199-X3.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2016
    Beautiful, I'd love to visit there!
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2016
    Yeah, love to hang out there and count the waves! Nice trip Tom! Cheers!
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2016
    OrvSal wrote: »
    Beautiful, I'd love to visit there!

I tell you, Orv, if you ever make it to there, you'll be glad you made the effort.

Thanks for looking in, take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited July 21, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Yeah, love to hang out there and count the waves! Nice trip Tom! Cheers!

Talk about a marriage made in heaven.....Acadia National Park and you, Taz. I'd damn near ( damn NEAR, mind you ) pay for the trip just to get you there. Give you a week to meander around the Park and the adjoining Maine territory and there's no telling how many masterpieces you could produce. The photo ops are endless.

See you,

Tom
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2016
    Beautiful

Nice composition Tom
    Rags
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited July 21, 2016
    I'd love to travel back to Acadia. You've captured the shoreline well here. I was struck by how many types of rocky shore types they have on Mt. Desert Island in just the 10 miles north to south.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited July 21, 2016
    torags wrote: »
    Beautiful

Nice composition Tom

Thanks, Rags, for the visit and your support.

Take care,

Tom
    edited July 22, 2016
    David_S85 wrote: »
    I'd love to travel back to Acadia. You've captured the shoreline well here. I was struck by how many types of rocky shore types they have on Mt. Desert Island in just the 10 miles north to south.

All I know, David, is that I've never seen such an array of rocky shorelines as afforded by that area. I spent the better part of a day riding most every road on Mt. Desert Island. The Park, of course, is unforgettable but the rest of that island offers magnificent scenes everywhere you look. A photographers' paradise.

See you,

Tom