Can't clear pricing on digi downloads

56Kruiser56Kruiser Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
edited November 25, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a gallery that I want to allow free downloads. When I look at the download pricing, it shows the default pricing. So, I went into the Tools to set pricing for the gallery; I select Clear Prices, and applied to the Category Downloads. It appeared to work. All was zero. I applied, and saved, but when I go back in, the prices are there again.

Any thougts?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    Gallery link? ear.gif
    edited November 25, 2011
    Also, to allow free downloads, why wouldn't you just set the gallery to unprotected and allow originals - folks can simply use the save photo button to save a photo to their computer.
  • 56Kruiser56Kruiser Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Also, to allow free downloads, why wouldn't you just set the gallery to unprotected and allow originals - folks can simply use the save photo button to save a photo to their computer.

First, I didn't link the gallery because it is passworded. But, I just now tried the same on another one here, and I get the same results.

Actually, I have done what you specify above. So, maybe its not important. However, many people may stumble through the Buy button to get the download, and go to the download menu, only to find a price there.

My main concern is why is it not updating the gallery? JFYI... I did just go into the gallery above and typed in larger prices and applied, and it did take. What I seem to be unable to do is clear the prices. It continues to apply the Portfolio pricing.
    edited November 25, 2011
    You have portfolio pricing set for Downloads, so that will show to visitors. Set the prices for gallery pricing to $0 for those items and they won't show to visitors.
    edited November 25, 2011
    You have portfolio pricing set for Downloads, so that will show to visitors. Set the prices for gallery pricing to $0 for those items and they won't show to visitors.

Makes sense, but that is what I thought I did. Here is how I attempt it:
    • Open the gallery that I want to set prices
    • Select Tools/This Gallery/Set Prices
    • On the top line, Gallery is selected
    • On 'Apply This Pricing', I select 'Clear Pricing'
    • I select Categories/Downloads
    • I click on Apply
    • The prices clear out
    • I click on save
    • It moves me to the prints tab after the save
    • I click on the Downloads tab
    • Portfolio prices reappear

What am I doing wrong? The above path seems very logical, and I have no idea how else to clear them.

Thanks for your support.
    edited November 25, 2011
    56Kruiser wrote: »
    Makes sense, but that is what I thought I did. Here is how I attempt it:
    • Open the gallery that I want to set prices
    • Select Tools/This Gallery/Set Prices
    • On the top line, Gallery is selected
    • On 'Apply This Pricing', I select 'Clear Pricing'
    • I select Categories/Downloads
    • I click on Apply
    • The prices clear out
    • I click on save
    • It moves me to the prints tab after the save
    • I click on the Downloads tab
    • Portfolio prices reappear

What am I doing wrong? The above path seems very logical, and I have no idea how else to clear them.

Thanks for your support.

Gallery pricing overrrides portfolio, so you had to ZERO OUT the items in your gallery pricing - I did it for you and no downloads show no for that gallery to buyers in the cart.

20111125-cg52jsyi4j31n47yyw56x94wxk.jpg
    edited November 25, 2011
    Gallery pricing overrrides portfolio, so you had to ZERO OUT the items in your gallery pricing - I did it for you and no downloads show no for that gallery to buyers in the cart.

20111125-cg52jsyi4j31n47yyw56x94wxk.jpg

HI Andy

I need to be clear so I don't have to ask again next time.

So, what it sounds like is that I need to put 0.00 in ALL prices, and then the tab doesn't even show up on the Buy page. ...Yes, that makes sense. I went on a tangent from the help page :D ...thinking I needed blank because 0.00 means 'not for sale'. But that is right, they aren't for sale, they are free. Duh...

The solution is so simple and logical. Sometimes when on a tangent, the brain just doesn't work.

Apprecaite your help and patience.