Options

Remove watermark from collected images?

afarberafarber Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
edited April 14, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Can I remove a watermark from a gallery of collected images without removing the watermarks from the source images?

If not, can I download all original photos form a gallery of collected photos? If so, I could then re-upload them without watermarks and remove the collected versions from that gallery that I want to be watermark free.

The goal is to have a hidden gallery of images for my home page carousel. I want the main portfolio images to have the watermark, but not in the carousel.

As an aside - how do I see where the collected images originated from?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited April 3, 2015
    afarber wrote: »
    Can I remove a watermark from a gallery of collected images without removing the watermarks from the source images?

If not, can I download all original photos form a gallery of collected photos? If so, I could then re-upload them without watermarks and remove the collected versions from that gallery that I want to be watermark free.

The goal is to have a hidden gallery of images for my home page carousel. I want the main portfolio images to have the watermark, but not in the carousel.

As an aside - how do I see where the collected images originated from?
    The watermark is on the display copies of the photo in the source gallery; you can't remove it from the gallery that collects the photo without removing it from the gallery the photo is collected from.

You can request a download of all of the photos in the gallery that is the collection. Go into Organizer for that gallery, and click the download button.
    See help page at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93266-can-i-download-photos-from-my-smugmug-site-to-print-myself-.

If you then upload the photos into a new gallery without specifying a watermark for that gallery the photos will not show a watermark in that gallery.

You can see where the photo is collected from if you look at it in lightbox.
  • Options
    afarberafarber Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2015
    Thanks, Denise! Downloaded and reuploaded. Not an elegant fix, but it works.