Options

sharing videos

johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
edited April 21, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I don't usually upload videos but did last night. I know I can share a photo on facebook - is there a way to share the actual video and not just a photo - so people can actually play the video on my facebook page?

Comments

• Options
    owilliamsowilliams Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    Hiya Johng,

Sharing a video link to facebook will display a link back to your SmugMug gallery on your timeline. Your facebook friends will need to view the video on our end.

Best,
    Oliver
    SmugMug Support
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    Thanks Oliver. That's what I was afraid of.
  • Options
    eenusaeenusa Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2015
    Sharing Video to Facebook
    I have no problem with having a link that takes people back to SmugMug, but my problem is that when I share the video and then click the image in the post. It just goes to white and nothing happens.
  • Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 21, 2015
    Hello eenusa,

Hopefully you have seen a resolution to this issue as there was a recent issue with sharing videos to Facebook. The issue has been resolved and you should be able to share a video to Facebook now. Due to some recent changes with Facebook made regarding compliance and sharing links, there will be no link to the video. It should just play now on Facebook, you would have manually copy and paste the link with the video prior to posting.
    Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero