Options

Question about Google Analytics & new smugmug site

kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited April 24, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I'm using the smugmug offered godaddy for my site's domain name. I had another site in the past and everything worked great with regard to google analytics, search, etc. I'm about 27 hours or so into my new setup on the Google side as far as Google Analytics and Good Webmaster Tools goes. Maybe I just need to wait longer for everything to show up correctly on Google's side, but here are my questions....well, maybe just one question....

In the Stats section for my account, I put my Google Analytics code (the entire code similar to this format: UA-xxxxxxxx-1).

When I look at my Google Analytics page, I see this message regarding the status of the tracker/tracking code:
Last checked: Dec 3, 2014 3:12:19 AM PST
The Google Analytics tracking code has not been detected on your website's home page. For Analytics to function, you or your web administrator must add the code to each page of your website.

BUT....when I look at the reporting page in Analytics, I do see some traffic that appears to be from my own visits and browsing of my site. So, I assume it's just fine and Google just needs some time to update itself before that tracking code status changes from 'Not Installed' to something else like 'Installed' or whatever it shows when it's working normally?

And of course, I've already verified my site with Google Webmaster Tools using the HTML tag option. I inserted that code from webmater tools into the Discovery > Search > Google Webmaster Tools section on my smugmug site. Google's webmaster tool site shows the verification succeeded.

Comments

• Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2014
    Oops. Never mind. My question answered itself. The status has changed now to 'Receiving Data'.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2014
    I'm glad to hear that it's working now.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ShogunmasterShogunmaster Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 24, 2015
    I am having some similar issues with GA ID and Smugmug.
    My stats have been going into GA fine over the last several years, but suddenly late March(3/29) all my traffic had completely stopped showing in GA.
    I have checked my GA ID and made sure it is correct in the Smugmug Acct Settings/Stats field.
    My site has been verified and shows URLs/crawl results fine.
    I am tracking data from Google Webmaster Tools, and there says that my Google Webmaster Tools & Google Analytics pages are receiving data...
    but my GA page says that it's not installed properly and not tracking any data.

I am left puzzled at this point.