unable to drag and drop to upload photos > using Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10

denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
edited August 2, 2015 in Bug Reporting
I just tried to use drag & drop to upload to my site in the new Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10. I am unable to drop the photos onto the gallery or the upload window.

The old-style selection of photos to be uploaded via "click to browse" continues to work.

Browser version: Microsoft Edge 20.10240.16384.0

--- Denise

Comments

• studio12cstudio12c Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2015
    Just Curious, Did you have any problems with the upgrade. I had nothing but problem going from windows 8 to 10. Once the home page opened it would shut down and reboot. I ended up reinstalling window 8.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 1, 2015
    Just Curious, Did you have any problems with the upgrade. I had nothing but problem going from windows 8 to 10. Once the home page opened it would shut down and reboot. I ended up reinstalling window 8.
    I had no problem with my Surface 3 but that was a new tablet so I didn't expect a problem.

I had some problems with my "regular" computer that was from mid-2012. It rebooted 3 times during the upgrade with internal power error but it did finish successfully. It sounds like that is a driver problem of some sort, think I'm past that now.

--- Denise
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited August 2, 2015
    We're working through a number of Windows 10 / Microsoft Edge items; I'll make sure to take this one to the Engineers and get back to you when I can.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 2, 2015
    leftquark wrote: »
    We're working through a number of Windows 10 / Microsoft Edge items; I'll make sure to take this one to the Engineers and get back to you when I can.
    Thanks Aaron!

I kind of figured there would be some problems cropping up. While I would like to be able to use the drag and drop uploader with Edge I can use another browser for now. I'm happy that Edge displays my site properly.

--- Denise