Options

Automatically update running slideshow on iPad

porkulaporkula Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited April 23, 2015 in SmugMug Support
I'm trying to support having a slideshow running on an iPad, and have it auto-update when a photo is added to a gallery (i.e. have an "event" ipad constantly showing latest photos that guests might have emailed in), either via an app or Safari.

It looks like normal smugmug gallery slideshows don't update automatically if a new photo is added to the gallery.

I then looked into recommendations from others, such as having my smugmug home page refresh automatically (although I gather that embedding javascript to do this is no longer permitted, so I didn't have any luck here).

I've looked into using my own web page (which I could program to auto-refresh), and embedding smugmug content there. What I've been able to figure out, embedding a "Show Off" gallery object has a lot of empty space (around the slideshow thumbnails), and using a "slideshow" gallery link (e.g. inside of an iframe) uses a lot of blank space around the slideshow & inside the iframe.

Any ideas to get a full-screen slideshow to update automatically on an iPad? I'm very new to smugmug, so it's possible I've missed something ...

Thanks!