Options

Guest Upload error

M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
edited April 23, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Trying unsuccessfully to create a guest upload link.....

I have:
1) created a hidden via link gallery (site is live so i need to test this process first)
2) uploaded a single picture to it
3) gone to Gallery Settings --->Security/Sharing ---> Guest Uploading
4) keyed in a link id (eagles_fly)
5) pressed Save
6) and get "Invalid Upload Key" msg in red

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2015
    Sounds like it might be the upload key. Try eagles-fly and see if that makes a difference.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    I tried that... No-Joy either

I run a script blocker and the only blocked scripts are coming from googletagmanager and google-analytics. Everything else requesting permission is allowed if that helps any.

Is this available on all levels of accounts?
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    I just made the folder public thinking a hidden permission issue and tried. No-Joy
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    Can you post the gallery publicly here, or can you email the help desk with a link to the gallery so we can take a look? If you email the help desk also explain the situation briefly.

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    Trying to have a third party upload images to the Zo Mendoza folder here:
    http://www.scottstrancephotography.com/Content/Client-Work/2015-TriCamp

• Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    The guest upload feature has to be set on each gallery, it can't be on an entire folder. Which gallery specifically?
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    Hmmm.... If it has to be set at the Gallery level, then it would be http://www.scottstrancephotography.com/Content/Client-Work/2015-TriCamp

I have the 2015 Tri-Camp Gallery, then five folders below that, one of which is Zo Mendoza Day 3/4. THAT's the folder I wanted the person to have remote upload capability for. I've already populated the Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 folder content.

Does that make sense?
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    I think the confusion is with what are galleries and what are folders. 2015 Tri-Camp is actually a folder, not a gallery. The photos are located in a gallery, so the different days would be the galleries.

I was able to set the upload key to the Zo Mendoza Day 3/4 gallery to eaglesfly with no dash. You can grab the upload URL by going back into the gallery settings for that gallery :).
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    Let me rephrase that...

I have a 2015 Tri-Camp FOLDER with lower level GALLERIES below it. Doh! terminology....

I'm trying to give remote upload access to a third party to one gallery (Zo Mendoza) within that higher folder 2015 Tri-Camp.

When I go in to do that, I can see the spot for a remote upload key at the gallery level, but it doesn't exist at the higher folder level so now I'm confused.
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    Our messages crossed paths.... lol

Thank you very much for the help. I'll put in a different Upload Key than what's been discussed here.

I have to ask.... why does the tutorial in "how to" do this show dashes but it doesn't seem to take dashes? Is the "how to" docset out of date?

• Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    It may be a bug, so I will notify our QA team. Sorry for the trouble, Scott!
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2015
    Thanks again, Zac!