Do I Know You?

13»

Comments

• Wandering DaneWandering Dane Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    1) Real name is Lars.
    2) Born and raised in Denmark, have lived in the US for 45 years, now in Colorado.
    3) Works as Sales Director for a French company, selling environmental equipment to heavy industries; plan to retire in about 5 years.
    4) Got my first camera at age 6, now use an Olympus mirrorless and a Canon G7X point-and-shoot.
    5) Entered three B&W photos in a competition in 1972 and won ribbons, plan to enter more competitions but it'll probably have to wait until retirement.
    6) Married my soul mate, have two married sons and three great grand kids.
    7) Other hobbies include motorcycles and racing - worked in professional motorsports for 10 years and instructed in racing and high-performance driving for cars and motorcycles for almost 30 years.
    8) Have lurked on this site for some years and am still trying to figure out how to post pictures, have posted numerous pictures on sister site advrider.com without difficulty.
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

This is a super fun thread! I've definitely enjoyed reading it, so glad it was started, and wold love to play along :)

1) Real Name: Jonathon (half of the JonaBeth screen name)
    2) Raised in southern Appalachia (TN), traveled the continent in a class B camper van w/ solar power for 3 years full time, and currently reside on the beautiful island of Maui.
    3) Owner / Operator of a commercial media provider (JBR LIFE Photography LLC), offering still photography, videography, editing, 3D architectural scanning, FAA licensed UAV operations, and we volunteer for Maui Search & Rescue, heading up the drone team. We shoot over 200 properties per year in real estate, and have a family beach portraiture / wedding side of the biz as well.
    4) 2nd Generation finish carpenter of 10 years, adventure guide of 3 years, father of 1, grandpa of 2, married to an amazing woman, and generally happy with my life
    5) Love shooting wildlife & landscape art. It's my passion, and I really make nothing on it, monetarily speaking. But I just can't resist the draw to these things, and they're how I nerd out with a camera
    6) Most extreme expedition so far is self-guiding a trip down the Colorado River through the entirety of the Grand Canyon. We covered 283 miles of river in 19 days, plowing through the craziest whitewater I've yet to see (compared to what I saw guiding 2 class V West Virginia rivers), and partied like we might not make the next sunrise. Most definitely, a camera was brought :smiley:

• meshkameshka Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    Since I am new to this group this thread seemed like a great place to start.

1.) My real name is Michelle.
    2.) I work as a sign language interpreter/ service coordinator at a community college
    3.) The biggest city I have ever lived in is Bakersfield, California.
    4.) I have about 40 kites. single line, dual line, and quad line. I have Kite gear sickness with 5 new kites that have not even been in the sky yet.
    5.) I lean toward being an introvert.
    6.) I am not an artist, but do like to dabble in a variety of crafts (loom knitting, needle felting, quilted postcards)
    7.) I purchased a Nikon 7200 in December of 2016 and have used it mostly in auto mode stumbling along for a year.. My goal for 2018 is to commit to becoming a student of photography and to learn the settings on this camera to take control of what I am doing as compared to randomly getting pictures that I like.
  • DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Registered Users Posts: 819 Many Grins

I have been lurking and participating on Digital Grins for a bit, and just stumbled on this thread. It seems like a good place to introduce myself.

1) my tag is really my name, although most people call me Dave (and my wife Beth has some unprintable nicknames for me). We have been married happily since 1975, have two children and two wonderful granddaughters
    2) I was born, raised and educated in British Columbia, Canada, and as a child lived for a time in small, west coast places like Spring Island and Alert Bay.
    3) I am retired from a career as a research scientist (entomologist), specializing in the development of predatory and parasitic insects for use against pests in agriculture
    4) I started taking photographs at age 10 with my kodak camera. My first SLR was a Canon TLB, but I now shoot Nikon, Sony, Panasonic (and Beth says I now have enough cameras)
    5) I love traveling by canoe or kayak in lakes, rivers and oceans, and have taken a lot of pictures of our various adventures on the water.
    6) I have a large flower and vegetable garden, which provides subjects for my photographic passions throughout the year

• saultspicssaultspics Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2019
    1. My real name is Stephen

2. Married for 24 years to my wonderful wife.

3. We have one son that is in collage.

4. I teach high school drafting, pastor a small church and I have a photography business that I neglect most of the time :/ :)

5. I love to travel, and photograph most anything.

6. I defiantly am a dog person we have a husky that is spoiled rotten.

7. I play the guitar and sing some.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

@saultspics said:
    1. My real name is Stephen

Hi Stephen and welcome to Dgrin