Options

Atlanta Botanical Garden: Tour of Gardens

CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
edited May 14, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
These are from the Atlanta Botanical Garden, the 2015 Tour of Gardens. This is the home and office of Alex Smith Garden Design in Chamblee, Ga. A beautiful time there. As always, C&C welcome!

#1 The home built in the 1920s.
IMG_1295-Wildflowers-X2.jpg

IMG_1274-Monet-X2.jpg

#3 Poppy
IMG_1286-Flower-red-2-X2.jpg

IMG_1289-Flower-Path-X2.jpg

IMG_1299-Lichens-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2015
    Nice Carter. I like comp in #1 and really like shot #3!
    For #4, it is fine, but I would explore b&w option and crank up contrast a tad!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Nice Carter. I like comp in #1 and really like shot #3!
    For #4, it is fine, but I would explore b&w option and crank up contrast a tad!
    Cheers!
    Thanks for the suggestion. This photo of the lichens, #5, is practically straight out of the camera. I'll play around with it a bit... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited May 11, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion. This photo of the lichens, #5, is practically straight out of the camera. I'll play around with it a bit... Thank you!

Yes I meant #5! Good guess!:D
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2015
    Hey Carter, I like #'s 3 and 5. I agree with Taz, #5 would look great in B&W! Nice job!thumb.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    edited May 14, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    Hey Carter, I like #'s 3 and 5. I agree with Taz, #5 would look great in B&W! Nice job!thumb.gif

OK so I took it back to LR and converted to BW, bumped up the contrast and clarity. Thanks for the suggestion; I like it better. What are your thoughts? --Carter

IMG_1299-Lichens-2-X2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2015
    Very nice man!thumb.gif
    You could add some vignetting like -12 or so.....that will bring more attention to that beautiful sharp area....
    also push blacks more...like darker.....without losing the punch you have right now in lights.....
    Of course my own personal choices don't count......if you are happy...life is good!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2015
    I like #2, I have a fondness for blurry photos. #4 is nice and the rework of the last one, outstanding!