Options

Image view stats and the impact of gallery styles

photosbygerryphotosbygerry Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited April 17, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Can someone tell me how the gallery style impactes on Smugmug's image view stats?

I think I understand that with the Smugmug style the thumbnails views are not counted but the large image would be. This suggests that opening a Smugmug style gallery or paging forward/backward will automatically increment the count for the first photo on the new page and clicking an image will also increment the count for that image.

I presume that for a Collage there is no count unless an image is clicked.

But what about a slideshow? Is a count recorded only if an image has been shown in the slideshow?

And what about a Journal with multiple images? I suspect that most images would not be thumbnails. But a whole page may contain many images (even if off screen initially). How are the counts for these images incremented?

And what about image view stats for views on a mobile phone? Do they work in the same way?
Gerry

photosbygerry.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    WendeeWendee Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2014
    Hi Gerry,

You are correct about the SmugMug style, the main image on the right will get a hit and images viewed in the lightbox as well. But views on thumbs are not included. If a viewer scrolls through pages, the first image on the page would get a hit when seen as the main image.

For styles like thumbnails and collage landscape/collage portrait, scrolling through images doesn't equal a hit until the image is opened for a larger view.

Journal style will show hits for images loaded in the gallery while the viewer scrolls. Slideshow will show hits for images displayed in the slideshow, so if the viewer ends the slideshow early not all images in the gallery would receive hits.

Should be the same for images on mobile. :)

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Take care,
    Wendee
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    photosbygerryphotosbygerry Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2014
    Thanks for the confirmation Wendee.
    Gerry

photosbygerry.smugmug.com