Options

Meta Keywords for Galleries - Noticed a Change

Darter02Darter02 Registered Users Posts: 947 Major grins
edited April 17, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Since opening my account here a few years ago I've been using meta keywords on my galleries. When I add keywords I always use the following format, "Keyword1; keyword2; kerword3;" etc..

In my more recent galleries if I check the gallery settings I see them in place, each separated by a semicolon. I'm finding in some of my older galleries the semicolons are all gone and the keywords look like this (including the quotation marks) "keyword1 keyword2 keyword3."

Is this going to be an issue for search engines? Do I need to go back and add all the semicolons? I'm going to assume something happened when the site was updated.

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2014
    That's odd. I've seen what you describe in some of your galleries. I've reported it to our QA team for further investigation. For the time being, just leave the galleries you see this for as they are as they keywords seem to be working still fine.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2014
    Cool beans. Will do.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2014
    I heard back from our team and it appears that this is connected to changes to our keyword parser a while back where a change to certain galleries at a specific time may have resulted in the gallery settings to display the keywords in a different way than they were actually applied.

If you happen access the gallery settings for a gallery that's showing all the keywords enclosed in a single set of double quotes, could you manually correct the keywords before saving the gallery settings? I'm sorry for any hassle.

However, there's no need to go through all your galleries as the keywords are in fact correct and would just be overwritten with the incorrect string the next time you save the gallery settings.

From what we can tell, this is a very limited issue and we've not seen of any other site with the problem nor did we have any other reports like it.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2014
    Thanks. I'll be sure to check those keywords anytime I monkey with a gallery's settings, fixing as needed.