Options

unlisted text on top of pages

blackhawxblackhawx Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited April 13, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I'm noticing on my about page, under the new smugmug system, there is a black bar at the very top of the page that runs all the way across. And in the middle of it, it says "unlisted" in white text. How do I remove that bar from my about us page only?

If I can't remove it, how do I change the text from saying "unlisted" to "about us"

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 14, 2013
    We'll be happy to help, but we will need a link to your site.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2013
    The "unlisted" banner only appears when you're logged on, to let you know that your page is set to unlisted and so in many places won't appear for your visitors. If your visitors do see the page, the banner won't appear to them.

That's probably a page that you intend to be public, so you should hit Customize -> Page Settings -> Security & Privacy, and set Privacy to Public.
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 14, 2013
    I'm sorry for my reading fail; Lamah is right, that banner is only visible to you as the logged in account owner. Your visitors won't see it. You will see a similar banner if you make a page/gallery/folder private or passworded.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    blackhawxblackhawx Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2013
    Thanks everyone! Very helpful!
  • Options
    beardedgitbeardedgit Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2013
    FWIW, I found the "UNLISTED" banner to be really annoying - not because it was there, but because, for me, the text was slightly off-centre.

It took me a while to suss that the problem wasn't a left/right margin issue, eventually I found that this fixed it:
    /* BUG FIX - centre the "UNLISTED" text of the node status banner */
    .sm-node-status {
      margin-top: 0px
    }

Yippee ki-yay, footer-muckers!
  • Options
    aagirlzaagirlz Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 13, 2014
    Just wondering how do you move (or remove this text) - say to the bottom/ top left corner - it is really bugging me even if I am the only one who can see it.

Thanks
  • Options
    thenickdudethenickdude Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2014
    You can hide it completely with this in a CSS content block on your "Entire Site" page (or in your theme's CSS):
    .sm-user-ui .sm-node-status {
        display: none;
    }

I wouldn't recommend it though, since it makes it difficult to tell at a glance if your gallery is private, which might lead to you accidentally leaving a private gallery set to public. You could reduce the visual impact of it on the page instead with this:
    .sm-user-ui .sm-node-status {
        background: transparent;
        margin-bottom:-24px;
    }

It removes the background colour of the bar, and removes its reserved space.