new canon printers @ PMA

DaniDani Registered Users Posts: 807 Major grins
edited February 26, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
not the prettiest printers.... but very very interesting

wonder how much they'll cost?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022406canonpro9000.asp

canon_pro9000-001.jpg
PIXMA Pro9500 and Pro9000 for professional photographers. A new series of A3+ professional-quality inkjet printers, PIXMA Pro offers users a choice: the Pro9500, using a 10-colour ink system featuring new formulation “LUCIA” pigment ink, meets the most exacting commercial photographic requirements and delivers high quality, durable colour and monochrome output; the Pro9000 employs 8-colour dye inks and is suitable for general printing, especially high quality gloss photographs. PIXMA Pro printers leverage core Canon technologies – including FINE (Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering) print heads – and benefit from the company’s experience in both consumer and professional print and capture markets. As a professional-quality range, new PIXMA Pro complements Canon’s EOS series of D-SLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) cameras

and

The PIXMA Pro range features:
  • A3+ 4800 x 2400 dpi resolution at 3 picolitre drop size3 or smaller for outstanding, professional quality photographic output
  • 10-colour ink system with “LUCIA” pigment ink (Pro9500) for commercial-level longevity, with a 3-ink mono system for enhanced black and white output, low metamerism and reduced graininess
  • Wide gamut, 8-colour dye ink delivery (Pro9000), with ChromaLife100 system for exceptional longevity and support for Canon’s glossy media range
  • Single ink tank system, maximising efficiency and minimising wastage
  • New design concept, sharing professional features with EOS DIGITAL, including textured metal access cover (metal lid: Pro9500 only)
  • Tough and durable construction for professional use, using high grade internal and external components, including metal eject rollers and increased plate thickness
  • Flat paper path, for heavyweight print media, with convenient front paper feed in addition to automatic top sheet feeder
  • New software for professional photographers, including Easy-PhotoPrint Pro , an Adobe® Photoshop® CS/CS2 plug-in for a professional imaging workflow
  • Advanced colour control available directly from the printer driver, including support for ICC (International Colour Consortium) colour profiles
  • Optimised for EOS DIGITAL with Picture Style, Canon’s in-camera application that simplifies control of image processing parameters, with enhanced pro grade direct print functionality
  • Compatible with Mac and PC systems
Dani

20D | 300D-IR | EF-S 10-22 | EF-S 18-55 | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/4L | 17-40L | Lensbaby 2.0 | 250D | 550ex | Gitzo 1257 | RRS BH-40 | RRS L-plates

The Blog | The Photos

Comments

• USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2006
    Dani I upgraded to the Canon iP4200 from a Hp printer
    Very nice printer does 2 sided printing and borderless printing up to 81/2 x 11
    9600 x 4200 dpi res. USB 2.0
    And the ink tanks are great they light up when installed correctly and blink when empty...actually they blink way before they go empty.
    This printer was a cheapie $100 at Staples.
    I love this printer...but I still want the i9900 for the really big stuff :D
    Oh I forgot it looks just like the pictued above

Fred