Options

A miniature experience

silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
edited January 20, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
It's been a while since I've posted anything here, and even longer since I've had fun with my camera. My work has kept me extremely busy and my time for my most beloved hobbies seems to be growing ever shorter.

Due to the nature of my work, I meet some very interesting folk, from many different walks of life. I met one of the most interesting gentlemen back in November (2012). Standard introductions when I came to his home, and through the course of small-talk, he asked me if I'd like to see his model train set. Now, many people have asked me to see their hobbies, so I thought nothing of it, expecting a few trains in nice shape. I have an uncle who is huge into the model train scene, and I've always been impressed by the level of detail one pays attention to, so I figured I'd take a few minutes to humor him.

He took me in to his "train room" and my jaw proceeded to hit the floor. The first words I could mutter out, as he was turning on all the lights, was "may I photograph this?" He was more than happy to allow me the pleasure, and seemed quite honored that I would ask. It took him over 30 years to amass this collection, and each section is a dedication to the places he's lived throughout his life.

Here is a link to the slideshow for roughly 60 shots:
Photo Sharing. Your Photos Look Better Here. | SmugMug

i-MFsFStP-L.jpg

i-RnRDNDw-M.jpg

i-hgD65Nm-M.jpg

i-zqcZTwG-M.jpg

i-qPfLK8w-M.jpg

i-BjFch93-M.jpg

i-SNMKd6s-M.jpg

i-cM5DWK8-M.jpg

i-66wPtTQ-M.jpg
- Joe