Options

Yosemite - Is End of March an OK Time?

MolsondogMolsondog Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited March 31, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
Thanks for your wisdom!

Comments

• Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2009
    This is a great time to visit Yosemite, lots of water moving and not the full summer crowd. You do run the risk of bad weather, but bad weather makes the views better. You can stay inside the park at Curry Village, the Yosemite Lodge, or the Ahwahanee (expensive). There are also a good number of less expensive hotels just outside of the park (Cedar Lodge, Yosemite View).

Molsondog wrote:
    I'm heading out San Francisco at the end of March for a long weekend and considering driving to Yosemite for a night. Does anyone have any input on whether this is wise? Is this a good time of year to visit Yosemite?

If so, how about lodging recommendations?

Yeah, I know the 1 night only will raise some eyebrows but that's all the time we have.

Thanks for your wisdom!
  • Options
    zoebluezoeblue Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2009
    Every day is a good day in Yosemite! I'm headed that way next week for a few days. March is a great time to visit as it's not crowded and the weather is perfect because it's not hot and rainy/cloudy days are great as it brings clouds and adds drama to the sky.

The waterfalls should be in full force during this time. Here's a link to my Yosemite galleries: http://www.zoebluephotography.com/Places
    "Life is unchartered territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time." (Leo Buscaglia)

www.zoebluephotography.com