Coronado national forest... Suggestions?

EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
I'm going to spend a weekend backpacking in this park and I was wondering if anyone here has spent time in this park in Arizona and if so might give me some suggestions on trails.

Thanks in advance!

Jake

Comments

• cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    What specifically has google not turned up?
  • EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2009
    Google only seems to give me Forest service information. Ok, I know how to get there, now I was wondering if anyone has spent some time here, and knows of some particulary photogenic areas of the park.
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    search flikr. I found one girl who goes there a lot, maybe shoot her an email? I couldnt come up with anything on smugmug, did you search dgrin?
  • John SloneJohn Slone Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2009
    What isn't photogenic about it is the question!! I live in AZ and spend more than my fair share of time in Coronado. It is a vast forest structure encompassing many ranges. You might be best figureing out which ranges you will be. I recommend the Chiracahua's (Cave Creek Canyon and the Monument), Huachucas (Ramsey's Canyon preserve) and the Santa Ritas. If you plan to be in the Tucson area the Catalinas offer some nice views and are easily accessible by any vehicle. Enjoy.

John Slone
    John M. Slone