ViewNX2 and Windows 10

rayaverarayavera Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited December 28, 2015 in Finishing School
Just got a new Windows 10 computer. Downloaded the newest ViewNX2 from Nikon. I use View to organize/view my photos. I use PSE8 to work on my photos. I shoot in RAW which after editing in PSE gives me an "xmp" file. The xmp files have never shown up in view but when I would move pictures between galleries by dragging and dropping the xmp files would go with the raw and jpg files. Since going to Windows 10 and latest View --- the xmp files are not moving. Their staying in the original folder. Any help would be appreciated. Having to go to file explorer to get everything moved is a pain.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited December 28, 2015
    I'm not sure I understand your workflow, but would it be possible to do all the file moving in PSE, which I imagine is XMP aware? What does ViewNX2 do that PSE doesn't?
  • rayaverarayavera Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited December 28, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    I'm not sure I understand your workflow, but would it be possible to do all the file moving in PSE, which I imagine is XMP aware? What does ViewNX2 do that PSE doesn't?

Richard, It probably does nothing more. It's just what I'm used too. I may have to use the PSE organizer if I can't figure anything out.

Thanks for your reply.