placing three galleries into one

krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited July 27, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Currently using thumbnails, I have (among others) four galleries on my 'Galleries' page. Mainly to reduce the number of galleries when opened I would like to have three of the four merged into the fourth one but I don't want to move all the images (of all four galleries) in only one gallery. I want to show only one of the four when Galleries page is opened but within that gallery are the other three as separate galleries. Seems a folder is the way to do it but I tried that but I want those 4 galleries nested into one that will appear like all the other galleries.

Yikes, I hope y'all understand that more than I do;
Much thanks,
~Ciao
Charles
Brampton, Canada
www.charlesdalyphotography.com

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2015
    You can go into smart rules and select multiple gallery photos to show in a gallery.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • krashedmykarchkrashedmykarch Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2015
    Allen wrote: »
    You can go into smart rules and select multiple gallery photos to show in a gallery.
    Thanks for your quick response Allen. I meant that I would like three other full galleries including each gallery's icon placed within another single gallery. Meaning: if you click on "Galleries" nav button it opens all my galleries. If click on the (in this case) the 'target' gallery the page that opens showing other galleries to select. ie How to put other galleries into one gallery -not just merging all the photos.
    Thanks!
    -If it helps, click on my site/galleries. The page that opens contains, among others, four galleries that I want to be contained within one of the four. Clicking on that one will show a page that then opens and contains the other three. I want to merge some galleries into one gallery.

While I'm asking: How to change logo color? In themes I am only finding color change for header which affects my navs but not the logo.
    2nd Thanks!
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    edited July 26, 2015
    I assume the "Galleries" nav button opens a folder. Make the folder "Just This Folder". Add a "Folders, Galleries
    and Pages" box. In this box add the single gallery and a folder containing the other three galleries.
    edited July 27, 2015
    moving folders on the same page
    Thanks Allen. I finally got it, somewhat. I have four galleries in a folder which appears like one gallery below the galleries block and works exactly as I wanted but when you click on Galleries that folder appears alone at the top of the page for 1 or 2 seconds then the galleries block opens normally showing the folder properly at the bottom as described above.

There is a small but annoying glitch in something I did but I cannot fix it.
    ?
    Thanks!

Now another problem. That folder is still at the bottom of the galleries block and a few minutes ago worked perfectly. Now clicking on that folder icon it no longer opens and just shows an empty page.
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    edited July 27, 2015
    Thanks Allen. I finally got it, somewhat. I have four galleries in a folder which appears like one gallery below the galleries block and works exactly as I wanted but when you click on Galleries that folder appears alone at the top of the page for 1 or 2 seconds then the galleries block opens normally showing the folder properly at the bottom as described above.

There is a small but annoying glitch in something I did but I cannot fix it.
    ?
    Thanks!

Now another problem. That folder is still at the bottom of the galleries block and a few minutes ago worked perfectly. Now clicking on that folder icon it no longer opens and just shows an empty page.

The icon on that folder beside the title shows empty compared to all other that show that there is content inside. (if that helps)
    ~Ciao
    Charles
    Brampton, Canada
    edited July 27, 2015
    Looks like the last one, folder. shows/loads first then the others, galleries, load and pushes it to the bottom.

The World Pride Toronto 2014 folder shows no galleries/sub-folders because I'd guess there is no widget on it.
  • charlesdalycharlesdaly Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2015
    I deleted the container(s) and started over and now it works.
    Thanks, as usual!
    Thanks!
    Charles
    Port Credit. Canada
    http://charlesdalyphotography.com