Options

Gallery - How to avoid file number strip?

fabthifabthi Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
edited July 26, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Hi all
I need the file number to display in some of my galleries; typically those ones to show to wedding clients where they need to see the file number to make images selection.
Thing is when file number display option is selected, it results in a semi-transparent bar overlaying the bottom portion of the image itself.
Which, besides other considerations, is often confusing customers who complain about images cropping.
The bar comes with arrows to show/hide the bar itself but they don't work and is appearing/disapperaring quite unpredictably :huh.
Is there any way to display just file numbers without the bar at the bottom ???
Thx to all

Fabio

Comments

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 26, 2015
    The best way to avoid the overlay is to select a gallery style that shows the caption below the photo: SmugMug or Journal, for example. The caption in the lightbox will overlay the photo, unless the display size shown is small enough for the caption to fit below.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    fabthifabthi Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2015
    Thanks Ana for your support.
    I did try to opt for alternative displays.
    Problem is that once images are enlarged the bar appears anyway whatever display mode you have selected.
    fabio
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 26, 2015
    I'M sorry if I wasn't clear. The lightbox behavior is the same, regardless of the gallery style you select. So yes, the caption will overlay the photo in the lightbox, unless the photo is small enough (for example, if you limit the display size to L, or if you manually select a smaller display size from the display icon in the bottom right corner of the lightbox) for the caption to appear below.

In the SmugMug gallery style, the caption will appear below the larger photo on the right without overlaying it.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com