Options

2 Languages customization

RollmopsRollmops Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited July 27, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Hello,

I'd like to make my website available in 2 languages (English/German). I don't need the whole website in a german version. Just my About section and the navbar. I tried to place 2 pictures (flags) at the top of the page and then link them to the homepage in the corresponding language. From there I want to link them to the pages in the correct language.
My problems:
1) I can't find a way to create pages with different navbars. If they are not located in the Entire Site section, they can't be placed at the top of the page. Is there any CSS to do this? Basically I want 2 versions of each page. One German and one English.
2) I would like to place the flags above the social media icons in the top right corner without them being moved to a different location when looking at the page on different screen sizes.

My website: http://www.carlokoller.com

Thanks for your help. You already helped me with the custom 500px icon a while ago. Great forum. :D

Comments

• Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 22, 2015
    Hi Carlo,

While there isn't a super simple way to do this, it should still be doable if you are willing to dive into some CSS. We have a tutorial here on how to apply changes to a certain folder and all folders/galleries in it. So basically you would need to create two folders, one for English, the other for German, and create content in them. On the homepage, link to those two folders from a menu, for example.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1976654&postcount=43

As for flags, I'll let the customization gurus chime in with suggestions.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    RollmopsRollmops Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 27, 2015
    Thanks that already helps with understanding the concept. However I am not able to program this using CSS. How can I create 2 Navbars using this method?