Options

Coyote encounter

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited April 9, 2015 in Wildlife
Was going up a hill to position myself for a moon-rise. That plan didn't succeed. However, out of nowhere, this guy decided to walk right by me! Thankfully, because I had my zoom with me to what would have been a moon, I was able to capture these below.

Comment and criticism cherished!

1)
IMG_0319-X3.jpg

2)
IMG_0337-X3.jpg

3)
IMG_0326-X3.jpg

4)
IMG_0330-X3.jpg

5)
IMG_0334-X3.jpg

6)
IMG_0350-X3.jpg

7)
IMG_0351-X3.jpg

8)
IMG_0357-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2015
    Fantastic captures, Taz. I really love the ones where the coyote is looking behind himself (not necessarily at the camera). Because of the many colors in the fur, contrasting against the green grass, I'm partial to the color versions.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2015
    Fantastic captures, Taz. I really love the ones where the coyote is looking behind himself (not necessarily at the camera). Because of the many colors in the fur, contrasting against the green grass, I'm partial to the color versions.

Thanks JBR! Appreciate both thorough feedback and kind comments very much!!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2015
    Great series, Taz. thumb.gif These shots make the coyote look so peaceful - I've only seen them chasing prey around here. It's nice to see the other side of the animal!

I am partial to the last one - it appears he has turned around to say goodbye to a friend! :D
    :D
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Great series, Taz. thumb.gif These shots make the coyote look so peaceful - I've only seen them chasing prey around here. It's nice to see the other side of the animal!

I am partial to the last one - it appears he has turned around to say goodbye to a friend! :D
    :D

Thanks Jo!bowdown.gif
    He was very peaceful and I was hoping to see what you have been seeing!:D
    Wildlife is a joy whenever you see it up close!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited April 8, 2015
    Those coyotes run like hell when they see people around these parts. Glad for you to get one to pose. Now, it he had also mooned you, you could have got the other mission done as well.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2015
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Those coyotes run like hell when they see people around these parts. Glad for you to get one to pose. Now, it he had also mooned you, you could have got the other mission done as well.

rolleyes1.gifbow
    Coyote mooning would have been awesome!! Cheers David!