one likes "verdi" and one likes "the vandals"

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 18, 2005 in People
he was riding the tube, on his way to rehearsal. his name is thomas, and he sings in the london opera

13818786-O.jpg

he was bumming for coins in camden town. his name is ross, and he required no sharpening :lol3

13818784-O.jpg

enjoy (street) photography,

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2005
    andy wrote:
    he was riding the tube, on his way to rehearsal. his name is thomas, and he sings in the london opera

he was bumming for coins in camden town. his name is ross, and he required no sharpening lol3.gif

Wow.. fancy seeing him from the opera! great shots and I can smell that train from here...phew..and I bet it was cold..and 'orrible.. Must get my hair done like that..thumb.gif
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2005
    andy wrote:

he was bumming for coins in camden town. his name is ross, and he required no sharpening lol3.gif

13818784-O.jpg

Really like this one, Andy. The hair, the smirk, and the bus in the perfect spot in the background! thumb.gif How do you do it??

mitch
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited January 6, 2005
    andy wrote:

13818786-S.jpg

13818784-S.jpg

How did you get that low Andy? Different perspective than a straight on train shot. Was that shot with an SLR or with an 828 with a swivel viewfinder?

And yes, Ross needs no sharpening. Maybe too much time on his hands tho...
    :D:D
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2005
    I'll tell you what, getting the back story just adds so much to the shot. Imagine running into an opera singer.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    How did you get that low Andy? Different perspective than a straight on train shot. Was that shot with an SLR or with an 828 with a swivel viewfinder?

And yes, Ross needs no sharpening. Maybe too much time on his hands tho...
    :D:D

thanks pf, no... i shot this with my 1Ds Mark II, and 16-35L aboard ... i got down really low :D

thanks for the comments!
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    Hey Andy...
    You must have looked pretty funny laying on the floor of that bus.rolleyes1.gif

Great shots! An opera singer and cool dude, takes all kinds to make a world!
    Aint life an adventure tho? And you manage to capture it with your camera.:D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited January 8, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    Really like this one, Andy. The hair, the smirk, and the bus in the perfect spot in the background! thumb.gif How do you do it??

mitch

well, i asked, and he said, "sure" :D and then i waited patiently for about a minute or two, we chatted, and then i said, ok! (the bus was coming behind us) and i shot it .... thanks so much mitch!

lynnma wrote:
    Wow.. fancy seeing him from the opera! great shots and I can smell that train from here...phew..and I bet it was cold..and 'orrible.. Must get my hair done like that..thumb.gif

thank you, lynn :D
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    Great shots Andy!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2005
    How cool, Andy!
    Great work man!

I love how both shots look extremely casual, yet it's clear they were cleverly composed. Good stuff indeed!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    edited January 18, 2005
    thanks sid, snappy, nir and thiago, very much, for looking and commenting. mr sharpie here, he's one of my favorite street portraits. i like him as much as the haitian cab driver i grabbed a few months ago.

:D