Options

Super Moon but Clouds

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited August 17, 2014 in Landscapes
Well, the super moon was a bit of a bust for me in the Valley of the Sun. This is the third time it happened. Generally, I don't have to worry about such matters like clouds covering the moon. They photo bombed... So this is what I got. Just tried to concentrate on the whole rather than just the moon. I guess that is what we gotta do for nature's scenes.

Moon%20August_14-08-09_3-XL.jpg

Moon%20August_14-08-09_12-XL.jpg

Moon%20August_14-08-09_15-XL.jpg

I processed this a bit trying to bring out the right side...just trying to save it; probably more of an artist's rendition...

Moon%20August_14-08-09_6-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2014
    I like #3 very much! thumb.gif

One can go either way with it in terms of mood! Is it beginning of brightness......or are the forces of darkness taking over? Hmmm? headscratch.gif

Not sure if my friend is right, but he said that next super moon would be in 2034.

Well, on the down side, I missed it this year, but on the upside, by 2034, I should have blending and merging nailed!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2014
    Ha, i will need another mellenia for blending, merging but maybe a super camera will be available to do it all without pp.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2014
    I really like #3. I prefer shots like these, with the moon in context of a scene, rather than just plain moon shots. It's one reason I've never shot the moon. I have yet to venture out to find an interesting composition for a moon shot. The thing with moon shots that I find quite boring is that they all look the same. Shots with the moon as part of a greater comp add interest, context and the individual creativity of the photographer.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site