Options

Quarter Second

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited August 12, 2014 in Landscapes
I took this earlier this year during a trip up the Central Coast.

14710813337_ee058a21a9_h.jpg

Spooners Cove by Alex Sotelo, on Flickr
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2014
    I love all aspects of this shot Alex! First and foremost is that it is wanting me to duck because I think if I don't it will smash me in the face!! The pattern in the wave is lining up with the pattern in rock on the right side! The darker cloud layer above the ridge on the left are lined up with the ridge and both acting like leading lines and pointing in same point and the darker cloud layer is kind of lined up with the smashing wave and creating symmetry which is very appealing! Great depth!
    Awesome!thumb.gifclap
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I love all aspects of this shot Alex! First and foremost is that it is wanting me to duck because I think if I don't it will smash me in the face!! The pattern in the wave is lining up with the pattern in rock on the right side! The darker cloud layer above the ridge on the left are lined up with the ridge and both acting like leading lines and pointing in same point and the darker cloud layer is kind of lined up with the smashing wave and creating symmetry which is very appealing! Great depth!
    Awesome!thumb.gifclap

Thanks Taz. It's funny because I didn't think much of this shot at first pass. At the time I took it, I liked the composition but it just didn't speak to me on screen. I went through this set again last night and decided to go monochrome. WOW, what a difference. Color is good but B&W really stands out. thumb.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site