Smugmug Android App query

cedericcederic Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited September 27, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Happily using the SmugMug for Android app for a while, today I've encountered a new error never seen before. First time I've used it since the 20th, version 3.0.7.20160830, running on Android 6.0.1 (Samsung S7)

Take a photo, go to the Samsung gallery app, select 'share' and choose the SmugMug app. The app asks me which gallery I'd like to use, so I select the one I've used successfully since 2014, up to and including 10th September with the S7.

The app tells me it's uploading and to check the notification bar for progress. I wait for it to finish, and the notification disappears. This is where things get strange.

Two times in a row, the photo didn't upload. On opening the SmugMug app standalone it shows two errors, both showing the upload failed and stating in red text, "null". The third attempt to upload worked.
I took another photo, tried uploading that. Same error three times in a row.

Any suggestions on where I may be going wrong?

Comments

• JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2016
    SmugMug has been partly down for much of the afternoon, from 1441 to 1666 and from 1705 to 1804 Pacific Daylight Time. They were in "Read Only" mode: you could browse, but not log in, upload, etc. If you haven't found it, check out their status page. Smaller issue never show there, but this one did.
    Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • cedericcederic Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2016
    Ah, thank you - I was going wrong by trying to update a read-only site. Silly me :)
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited September 27, 2016
    We have really really great up-time but today was one of those times where we had to go into Read-Only mode. Let us know if you see this issue in the future!

On a side note, we recently updated the way the upload queue is displayed, so it may look a little different than you're used to. We now display better information and more details about each individual upload!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations