Print Companies

Sean EalySean Ealy Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited January 14, 2012 in Weddings
I'm curious where some of you guys who have been at this awhile are going for prints and collections offered to your clients? I've looked at Meridian Pro, obviously SmugMug has some nice things, but I'd like some other options. I want to be able to offer my clients a large selection of options, from standard prints, to canvas, announcements, proof books, to full books.

I know a lot of you might do this yourself. That may be something I will consider down the road.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited September 1, 2011
    Are you looking for albums, boxes, canvases, other products?
  • Sean EalySean Ealy Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    Yes, some options on where to find those type of products for clients.
  • clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2011
    Try looking at Miller's

http://www.millerslab.com/

they keep adding different things and their prices are pretty reasonable.
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited September 2, 2011
    Lots and lots of options!
    Sean Ealy wrote: »
    Yes, some options on where to find those type of products for clients.

Well to be honest there are hundreds of vendors out there. If all you want is a list of vendors to get you started, I would say, look at the list of vendors that were at Imaging USA or WPPI in 2011. The list is literally hundreds of vendors long, selling everything from boxes, to marketing material, to albums.

This is the link to the Imaging USA floorplan, which is also their exhibitor directory.
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2011
    White House Custom Color - whcc.com
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • sgriggs2006sgriggs2006 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2011
    I must admit, I've been through a few companies, and I have to report that I love Meridian. Packaging is great, color correction is great (although I do all my own, so I suppose there might not be alot to adjust)...In all the orders I've ever placed w/ them, I have had one faulty print, and they immediately fixed it (redid the print and sent the next day, no questions asked). Prices are fantastic....
    My .02.
    cheers,
    sue.
    Susan Griggs Photography
    Chesterfield, SC
    Staff Photographer/Writer
    The LINK Newspaper
    sgriggs2006@yahoo.com
  • smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2011
    'I second Meridian, and also Pro DPI.
  • leitmotifleitmotif Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Check out exhibitors at WPPI 2012 next month, there are a lot of print companies, WHCC, Millers, etc. http://www.wppionline.com/wppi-show.shtml
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2012
    Can't think of much that WHCC has over smugmug .... Smugmug does offer canvas prints, and metallic prints (printed on aluminum) and thin wraps .... AND you can also have your customers let them do their own albums ... so .... not sure what else you'd want them to do. I do use WHCC for some of my cheaper albums - but you have to submit your own design .... same counts for more expensive albums ...
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2012
    Don't forget Bay Photo.

Sam
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Can't think of much that WHCC has over smugmug .... Smugmug does offer canvas prints, and metallic prints (printed on aluminum) and thin wraps .... AND you can also have your customers let them do their own albums ... so .... not sure what else you'd want them to do. I do use WHCC for some of my cheaper albums - but you have to submit your own design .... same counts for more expensive albums ...

WHCC has 100% cotton prints... and I just have had good experience with them. Not to mention the free second-day shipping and prints that come with blow-pops. :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    Agnieszka wrote: »

Please clarify: "And you can also have your customers let them do their own albums..."

Who? WHCC or SM? "...let them do their own albums..." ? What does this mean.