My latest trip to the Middle East

JimbojackJimbojack Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
edited March 15, 2011 in Journeys
In December/January I went on my 4th trip to the Middle East.

At the moment I'm in the process of completely redoing my website, combining all of my previous trips into pages arranged by regions. The Middle East is the first of my projects.

So far I have been to Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Syria, Turkey, The United Arab Emirates and Yemen. Sometime soon I will arrange all my photos/comments by country, when I do I will post them here. For now here are some photos from my last trip

I hope you enjoy them!

Lebanon

02_Lebanon_01.jpg

02_Lebanon_04.jpg

Qatar

03_Qatar_01.jpg

03_Qatar_03.jpg

03_Qatar_09.jpg

03_Qatar_10.jpg

United Arab Emirates

04_U.A.E._Abu_Dhabi_01.jpg

04_U.A.E._Abu_Dhabi_04.jpg

04_U.A.E._Abu_Dhabi_08.jpg

04_U.A.E._Abu_Dhabi_09.jpg

05_U.A.E._Dubai_04.jpg

05_U.A.E._Dubai_07.jpg

05_U.A.E._Dubai_08.jpg

Yemen

08_Yemen_01.jpg

08_Yemen_04.jpg

08_Yemen_05.jpg

08_Yemen_09.jpg

08_Yemen_16.jpg

08_Yemen_17.jpg

08_Yemen_18.jpg

08_Yemen_19.jpg

If you would like to see more, please visit my (under construction) Middle East page here:
Middle East
Phillip

Just back from Europe, Eastern Turkey, Iraq and Iran, new photos coming soon!
Over 100 Countries, thousands of pictures, one Website (being redesigned at the moment)
www.Jimbojack.com

Comments

• FisheadFishead Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2011
    Enjoyed the series very much, top shelf!
  • lnormlnorm Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2011
    Great photos! The b&w sunset is one of my faviourites and I also really like the shots of the local residents - I'm envious of how well you engaged with the subjects. Did you find that people were generally pretty happy to have their photo taken?
  • JimbojackJimbojack Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2011
    lnorm wrote: »
    Great photos! The b&w sunset is one of my faviourites and I also really like the shots of the local residents - I'm envious of how well you engaged with the subjects. Did you find that people were generally pretty happy to have their photo taken?

All of the people were very friendly, out of all the ones that I asked to take a picture of I think only one or two refused (one was a woman), and I probably took photos of more then 50 people. Of course photographing women in the Middle East is a lot more difficult, especially if you are a foreign male. But generally people like to have their pictures taken, especially in Yemen
    Phillip

Just back from Europe, Eastern Turkey, Iraq and Iran, new photos coming soon!
    Over 100 Countries, thousands of pictures, one Website (being redesigned at the moment)
    www.Jimbojack.com
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2011
    Very very nice set! Please do share more!

cheers,
    tom wise