Options

OOYCZ Challenge #5 Feathered Friends

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited April 23, 2014 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is the Instructions thread for OOYCZ Challenge #5.

You have from April 2, 2014 till April 22 , 2014 to shoot before I put up the entry thread. Then you will have 3 more days before entries will be closed.

I am still working on getting a gallery for our entries so that we can have a poll. I am hoping to have a few of the issues resolved before the 22nd. Thank you for your patience.

The finals for voting, will be done with a poll (hopefully) open to the whole Dgrin community. If the poll thing happens, then we will not have points, but everyone will see their standings on the votes with the general population voting for their 3 favorite photos. Again, I will let you know on this thread, as soon as I have it worked out.

As for critiquing on final images. That will be open to any Dgrin member as long as they read the guidelines for proper critiquing etiquette (the link can be found in the OOYCZ Guide, please read before entering )

The theme this time around is "Feathered Friends". Lets see your best bird shots (taken fresh for this challenge). Not all are wildlife photographers, but you might just find its a fun thing to do, to go hunting down the birdies and shoot them with your camera! Have fun and enjoy the fresh air!

My examples are just what I had in my archives:

JMMed2169-L.jpg

2433JMM08-L.jpg

1684JMM08-L.jpg

JMM_1135ed-L.jpg

JMM_1352ed-L.jpg

JMMed1016-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,946 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2014
    I've loved all the challenges and I would like this one too except I just had cataract surgery and April 22 is when I get the stitches out. I may still do something (I can not say that I absolutely won't although the way I feel now it seems unlikely), but at least now I can critique and vote.
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2014
    grandmaR, I hope you heal quickly. I have had many relatives and a few friends have the surgery and they say its wonderful to be able to see so clearly again. I do hope you feel better and get to at least try this round!
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,946 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2014
    Surgery went OK but there aren't many birds I can photograph from inside the house. We have a bird feeder, but I've never yet seen a bird there.

Looking at the other photos and critiques, I see that this one is even farther OOMCZ than most because I do not have but one extra lens which I mostly use to photograph in cemeteries where I cannot physically get closer to the grave markers or monuments. I have a tripod someplace but never use it. Even if I were able to use photos from my archives they would not be comparable at all. So I am learning about photography and bird photography specifically even if I can't really practice it right now.

I love looking at the other photos and reading the critiques, so I am looking forward to voting. My vision is a bit blurry - I don't know whether this is because I need a new lens in the right side of my glasses or because my eye is still swollen. I have the last eye appointment on April 22nd for this operation (I still have the other eye to do).
    “"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2014
    Ok, Got really busy today and forgot to set up an entry thread. Its late so I will get it up tomorrow and hopefully will have a gallery to put the entries in.