Options

A Feast For The RUST JUNKIES

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited April 12, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
rust%202013%20019-X2.jpg

rust%202013%20023-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2013
    Visually edible auto! Yum! thumb.gif

Thank you, Tom.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2013
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Visually edible auto! Yum! thumb.gif

Thank you, Tom.

Don

You know, Don, when you're a true hard-core JUNKIE ( like you and I are ), you've just gotta have a fix every so often. I'm happy to share these morsels with you.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2013
    Hi Tom, really like the first one - not only rust but a bit of colour as well - very nice.:D

Cheers, Richard.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2013
    #1 clap.gif
    You sir, are the Picasso of Rust!
    #1 has that abstract painting quality that I know you value so much. thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2013
    Nice Tom! Great texture on #2. Good rust fix :ivar
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2013
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Tom, really like the first one - not only rust but a bit of colour as well - very nice.:D

Cheers, Richard.

Thanks, Richard, for the visit and the kind words.

Be well,

Tom
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    #1 clap.gif
    You sir, are the Picasso of Rust!
    #1 has that abstract painting quality that I know you value so much. thumb.gif

As you well know, Eric, when you mess around with rust you never know exactly how it will end up. I have to admit that I am pleased when an image turns out with the qualities this one has.

Take care, my friend,

Tom
  • Options
    edited April 6, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Nice Tom! Great texture on #2. Good rust fix :ivar

You know, Cristobal, it's exciting when you find some subjects that hold promise of providing the basis for satisfying images....whether you're shooting rust, sports, landscapes, whatever. I knew this find of old vehicles presented some terrific opportunities.....I lit up like a little kid at Christmas.

Thanks for your support,

Tom
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2013
    That's some fine work there Mr. Rust thumb.gif

Looks like another set to print!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2013
    rwells wrote: »
    That's some fine work there Mr. Rust thumb.gif

Looks like another set to print!

Thank you, pard.

These two shots probably will get printed. I'm getting pretty picky, though, about what I print and frame. The printing costs are nothing.....it's those framing costs that can quickly get out of hand. I have to admit, too, that my propensity to go overboard in that regard doesn't help one bit.

One of my brothers delights in reminding me that we blew it when we passed on buying a framing operation several years ago. Well, a retail operation was the last thing I wanted to be involved with. I still feel that way. So, when it comes to framing, I've gotten used to just bending over and squealing.

Tom
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2013
    I like Randy's name for you .... Mr. Rust :D I think it's gonna stick with ya :D

Nice work. The sky blue in them is great.
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2013
    Nice result Tom thumb.gif Cool you got both sides. Left right appearances thing to add to the mix. I like that you kept both fairly untouched and let them express themselves as they are as powerful enough and
    they are the way I see them. Really nice finds. In your other thread that I haven't had time to comment on just yet, just enjoy the pics, the one result there I sure admire as well.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2013
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Nice result Tom thumb.gif Cool you got both sides. Left right appearances thing to add to the mix. I like that you kept both fairly untouched and let them express themselves as they are as powerful enough and
    they are the way I see them. Really nice finds. In your other thread that I haven't had time to comment on just yet, just enjoy the pics, the one result there I sure admire as well.

After passing by these old rusted hulks for years, I'm sure glad I finally stopped to investigate the possibilities they offered. As it worked out, I got more good stuff from that one session than I've ever gotten before from a single venture. Sometimes it really pays off to act on impulses.

Take care my friend,

Tom