Options

Breaking as many "rules" as I can think of in one shot..

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited April 13, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
p1528334542-5.jpg
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2013
    Not, bad, but to me you missed a few! :D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2013
    Well in fairness there are a lot of contradictory rules. You have to pick your spots! mwink.gifdunno
  • Options
    mpipermpiper Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 10, 2013
    I see leading lines and rule of thirds at first glance. What rules were you trying to break?
  • Options
    edited April 10, 2013
    Well YMMV but there is framing square (although I personally have no problem with it I have seen many "rather vigorous" debates on the topic), I have about three focal points of interest, one on the bottom of the frame, I've also blown out the background highlights out pretty badly. Oh and IMO it's rather "off balance".

But don't get me wrong though, I'm actually pretty happy with it and thinking of investing some time and effort (and $) to a decent framed print. I AM fairly new to this craft but I personally find all the so called rules that many people insist on following can be impediments to a "possibly" pleasing image. I guess this may come from my 35 year background in drafting. We often just have to "make it fit" as best we can and occasionally stumble on some decent production surprises we otherwise would not have.

shrug..
  • Options
    mpipermpiper Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 10, 2013
    superduckz wrote: »
    Well YMMV but there is framing square (although I personally have no problem with it I have seen many "rather vigorous" debates on the topic), I have about three focal points of interest, one on the bottom of the frame, I've also blown out the background highlights out pretty badly. Oh and IMO it's rather "off balance".

But don't get me wrong though, I'm actually pretty happy with it and thinking of investing some time and effort (and $) to a decent framed print. I AM fairly new to this craft but I personally find all the so called rules that many people insist on following can be impediments to a "possibly" pleasing image. I guess this may come from my 35 year background in drafting. We often just have to "make it fit" as best we can and occasionally stumble on some decent production surprises we otherwise would not have.

shrug..
    I see your point. At first glance (I'm on my phone) I didn't realize it wasn't level. But that's an easy fix that won't crop much if you decide to do it. Since this isn't hdr, you had to blow out the highlights, and the area of interest is perfectly visible. Overall, I think you're right. It's worth doing a nice print to display!
  • Options
    IDDBIDDB Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2013
    Rules? We don't need no $tinking rules! :jose