Rocky Mountain National Park

quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
edited August 16, 2006 in Journeys
We just got back from a wonderful national park. I had never been to this one before. We also decided to hike up to timberline falls which is the "journey" I thought might be worth sharing.

87159042-M.jpg

Apparently a high traffic trail. Hard to believe how many people felt the need to leave a mark on a poor tree.

87176301-M.jpg

A little of the local wildlife. I think he was posing. I was just glad for a break in the climb. Did I mention the high altitude yet?

87179775-M.jpg

Believe it or not this is not the destination waterfall. What a great sidebar!

87176087-M.jpg

The rest of the hikers wait patiently for the photo-nerd to run up the hill for a better view - i.e. crawling on the ground to get the wildflowers in the foreground. At least a few of those shown are also taking another altitude break.

87186540-M.jpg

The Loche is a lake below Timberline falls. Great mountains and reflections. We also met a nice duck or two and lots of fish.

87198647-M.jpg

Another great waterfall. Wonderful view looking into the valley, but wow what a hike. Did I mention the altitude?

This hike comes highly recommended but if you come from far away consider brining your tripod and ventilator. :D
heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
facebook
photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.

Comments

• marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    Loved the commentary on the people waiting for the photo nerd. Been there, done that. Nowadays, I don't bring a tripod if I go with non-photographers. It's not worth the hassle I get with them. Nice shots, and a good way to share your beautiful hike.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • NappaloniaNappalonia Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited August 10, 2006
    Another great hiking journey, thanks for sharingthumb.gif
    http://nappalonia.smugmug.com/gallery/580776

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    20D :clap
    Canon
    18-55
    85 1.8 :wink
    Tamron
    28-75 2.8
    Sigma
    70-300 DG APO Macro
    30 1.4:thumb
  • TopRowTopRow Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 13, 2006
    Thanks for sharing your hike! Your photos are great. I've done that hike myself and highly recommend it. The trail is popular up until the lake before the Loch. It's work to get up there, but is absolutely beautiful. If I may share, here's a few photos from my hike last year. If this is not appropriate for this forum, I'll happily edit these out.

"The Loch"
    30308282-M.jpg

One of my favorite snapshots from my hike; on the way between the Loch and Timberline Falls:
    30308204-M.jpg

And, the view back down to the Loch from atop Timberline Falls:
    30308171-M.jpg

Happy Trails!
  • StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    photos not showing Toprow ne_nau.gif
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com
  • TopRowTopRow Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2006
    Stustaff wrote:
    photos not showing Toprow ne_nau.gif

Sorry. Silly me had links turned off on that gallery.