Getting Ready

LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
edited October 14, 2011 in Weddings
In July, my cousin-who's-more-like-a-kid-brother got married (you might remember the goofy engagement session I did for him). They know I am not a wedding photographer, so they were smart enough not to ask, but their budget had them skimp on the hours the wedding photographer would be there. So I offered to take the bride's "getting ready" shots; Kelly quickly took me up on it.

Her official getting ready—dress, shoes, etc.—would be later and well covered by their photographer, so I was there just to capture the hair-and-makeup portion of the day.

My first and only time doing this, it was quite a learning experience! As with everything, I suppose. :D

1. I learned that the hairdresser is the same woman who did Kelly's mother's hair on the day of her wedding--and she's been doing hair for the family ever since.
1388501590_ztzm5zG-L.jpg

2. The beautiful up-do. The original plan was to have the veil on top, but the updo turned out so fantastic, they revised the veil placement to show off the hair.
1388501858_JLvQrNr-L.jpg

3. The bride and her sister.
1388502240_znCkzR3-L.jpg

4. A series of makeup application shots. I was fascinated watching the makeup artist work.
1388508773_d8s5mLt-L.jpg

1388515151_d69dMCN-L.jpg

1388516448_8FCnFbh-L.jpg

7. All made up and ready to wed!
1388518391_KKMF7Ls-L.jpg

8. The bride and her bridesmaids, and mother of the bride. I love this shot because of the look on her mother's face. Her mother and my cousin's mom (my aunt) have been best friends since high school. Now they're officially family. It's such a cute, sweet story. There are so many photos of Luke and Kelly together as children, and now they've all grown up and found each other again. Makes me all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. :lust
1388521012_34fm4MM-L.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! :thumb

Comments