Poses for Mother/Son

KTLewKTLew Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited June 30, 2009 in People
A friend of mine asked me to take pics of her and her toddler son. I happily accepted and we will be shooting at a park. I have some ideas but more ideas for poses or examples would be appreciated. Her son is 2 1/2 years old. Thanks!

Comments

• wadesworldwadesworld Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    KTLew wrote:
    A friend of mine asked me to take pics of her and her toddler son. I happily accepted and we will be shooting at a park. I have some ideas but more ideas for poses or examples would be appreciated. Her son is 2 1/2 years old. Thanks!

In my experience, you'll be lucky if ANY poses work for a 2.5-year-old. Likely you'll have to try to capture some good moments as she plays with him, holds him, etc. He'll be constantly on the move.
    Wade Williams
    Nikon D300, 18-135/3.5-5.6, 70-300/4.5-5.6, SB800
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    wadesworld wrote:
    In my experience, you'll be lucky if ANY poses work for a 2.5-year-old. Likely you'll have to try to capture some good moments as she plays with him, holds him, etc. He'll be constantly on the move.

She could be reading to him- which may get him to sit for a moment. Chasing him. Blowing bubbles for him. You could have her lie down and let him sit on her back, looking at you over her shoulder.

Yes, be prepared to move a lot.

Caroline
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    How about mom and baby barefoot in the grass standing with baby in front. My will have to lean down abit while holding his hands in hers and only shoot the baby but you get mom from the waist or so down. Cute shot with a good baby expression.
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    wadesworld wrote:

That's what I did on this assignment. Just let them be natural and unintrusive.

533556942_giPQ7-L.jpg

533562713_3bBTr-L.jpg

533568805_WNQSK-L.jpg

It could be a little frustrating for you, the parent and the child. lol.

533562935_T4eWt-L.jpg

One thing I've noticed is that the child's attention will be drawn to a toy in your off hand. If you have an SB speed light with auto focus asist, turn it off. They look at that instead of the lense and all of the shots will look like they are looking over the camera. If you know how to snap your fingers, do so at lense level. Every child understands that.

533564593_jHbEB-L.jpg
    572391782_wmNhY-L.jpg

Good luck. Can't wait to see your photographs when you are done!
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...