Multiple Smugmug accounts, How to login to all?

Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
edited December 26, 2005 in SmugMug Support
My mom and I both have Smugmug accounts (she loves it from the few minutes I showed it to her (over 1,200 photos uploaded so far)). My problem is how do I access both our accounts and my future second account without logging in/out all the time. Same with Smugmug Uploader for Mac (will V2 have multiple account support?).

Thanks
My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
Get busy living or get busy dying
--Stephen King

Comments

• Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:
    My mom and I both have Smugmug accounts (she loves it from the few minutes I showed it to her (over 1,200 photos uploaded so far)). My problem is how do I access both our accounts and my future second account without logging in/out all the time. Same with Smugmug Uploader for Mac (will V2 have multiple account support?).

Thanks

You download Opera, Flock, Firefox, and any other browser you can think of and you log on to one account on each one of those.

thumb.gif
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    :bash :bash :bash :bash :bash Not the answer I was wanting to hear. :bash :bash :bash :bash :bash

Feature Request: Multiple account management. Simplest form, each site uses a seperate cookie for auto login, when browsing other sites, use a cookie for entire smugmug site to select which site "Your Photos" goes to. Advanced version. Have sub accounts or users (with smugmug accounts) for administrating, so my mom can let me manage her account.

I think the cookie per domain is the best idea and the simplest to implement.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    --Stephen King
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:
    :bash :bash :bash :bash :bash Not the answer I was wanting to hear. :bash :bash :bash :bash :bash

Feature Request: Multiple account management. Simplest form, each site uses a seperate cookie for auto login, when browsing other sites, use a cookie for entire smugmug site to select which site "Your Photos" goes to. Advanced version. Have sub accounts or users (with smugmug accounts) for administrating, so my mom can let me manage her account.

I think the cookie per domain is the best idea and the simplest to implement.

Well thanks for the F.R. But Mike gave you a great answer!
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    Try Firefox profiles
    Mac Write wrote:

Thanks

Firefox has the ability to have "profiles". Each profile has it's own cookies, history, cache, bookmarks, etc... In your case, each profile could be logged in to a different account. See http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile for a description of how profiles work and how you could set them up to solve your problem. Then, when you wanted to switch to a different account, you'd just have to switch Firefox profiles. Not quite as easy as you probably want, but better than what you have now.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    edited December 26, 2005
    Actually I use Safari as my browser of choice (bookmarks sync on all computers, easy to use, built in Google search, Private browsing, etc).
    --Stephen King
    edited December 26, 2005
    jfriend wrote:
    Firefox has the ability to have "profiles". Each profile has it's own cookies, history, cache, bookmarks, etc... In your case, each profile could be logged in to a different account. See http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile for a description of how profiles work and how you could set them up to solve your problem. Then, when you wanted to switch to a different account, you'd just have to switch Firefox profiles. Not quite as easy as you probably want, but better than what you have now.

I'm pretty sure that you can't have more than one profile open at any one time.

edited December 26, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:

Why? The other browsers are small and fast and you can choose what features you do and don't want. Firefox is a great second choice, and Opera is a great third choice. Combine them with Safari and you'll have the three sites that you want.

edited December 26, 2005
    I will use Safari and Firefox, I just don't like the idea.
    --Stephen King
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:
    I will use Safari and Firefox, I just don't like the idea.

Thanks Mac.
    Sorry we don't have a better answer for you :D FWIW, I do SmugMug for a living, and use Safari on one side (logged in to my own site only) and Firefox on the other side, logged in to SmugMug admin. Works a treat deal.gif