Nikon D800 and three Nikon lenses, all in Perfect Condition

PhotoSFPhotoSF Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited October 28, 2014 in Nikon Land
I'm selling a perfect-condition Nikon D800 (that I purchased on Amazon last year for $2900). I'd purchased it with the plan of doing a complete changeout of my Canon gear to Nikon (also bought 3 Nikon lenses at that time--see below). Shutter count on the camera is under 400. I've found that I'm just not shooting that much in general at this point and it's better in another photographer's admiring hands, and I still have the full set of Canon gear I've built over a longer period of time that I'm going to keep (I'm definitely in the category of a classic gear-head... :-) )

The three lenses I'd purchased at the same time, and am also selling, are these (all are in perfect condition due to very limited use)--either as part of a bundle with the D800 body, or will separate (I prefer to sell as a complete set):

--AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED (Amazon $1,900)
--AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED (Amazon $590)
--AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II (Amazon $2,400)

All original boxes/packaging materials/carrying cases where originally provided by Nikon, and warranty cards.

The bundle price I'm looking for is $6,495 and I will pay for domestic insured shipping to you. Let me know if you'd like to buy a lens individually and we can discuss price.

Gordon

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2014
    What do you want for the body only?
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • RaysnipperRaysnipper Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited March 23, 2014
    I have a d610, always wanted nikkor 70-200mm lens as my second lens. What do you want for 70-200mm lens only ?
  • PhotoSFPhotoSF Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited March 23, 2014
    Price on the Nikkor 70-200
    Raysnipper wrote: »
    I have a d610, always wanted nikkor 70-200mm lens as my second lens. What do you want for 70-200mm lens only ?

This is the best lens I've ever owned. While I probably made under 100 exposures on it (given the limited use of the entire Nikon D800 kit I purchased at the same time from Amazon), the image quality was stunning. I hear the same thing from other photographers who own a LOT of Nikon from over the years.

I paid Amazon (including tax...) $2,604 for the lens. I'm comfortable taking a $600 loss despite the short time I've owned it and almost non-usage, and would sell it for $1,995 but would need you to cover UPS insured shipping to you at that price.

Hope that helps.

Gordon
    edited March 23, 2014
    What do you want for the body only?

Love the "that's just the way we talk" disclaimer... :-) The Cubans I know are all pretty high-spirited, lots of fun to hangout with.

For the D800 body only, I paid Amazon (with tax) $3,146 and as I'd mentioned in my post, it's brand new with essentially a try-it-out number of shutter releases. It's an amazing camera but I changed my mind about totally starting over on Nikon vs the large Canon body/lens set I own. I'd be comfortable selling it without the lenses bundled in for $2295 but at that price I'd ask you to cover the pass-along cost of UPS insured ground delivery. I'm home in San Francisco this week and would be able to send within a day of PayPal.

Gordon
    edited March 31, 2014
    Reconnecting
    Raysnipper wrote: »

Wanted to check-in with you to see if you're still interested in learning about the Nikon 70-200 lens I'm selling?
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2014
    I purchased PhotoSF's D800 body that he has in this listing. Seeing that he is fairly new to DGrin, I just wanted to go on record saying that the transaction couldn't have gone smoother. PhotoSF was very responsive with all of my emails and questions. He shipped everything the same day I made payment and I received everything as promised.

Would do business with PhotoSF again without hesitation.

Thanks,

Alex
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
    edited April 9, 2014
    Thanks Alex
    I appreciate your feedback and it was a pleasure working together on every part of the transaction! Gordon

I purchased PhotoSF's D800 body that he has in this listing. Seeing that he is fairly new to DGrin, I just wanted to go on record saying that the transaction couldn't have gone smoother. PhotoSF was very responsive with all of my emails and questions. He shipped everything the same day I made payment and I received everything as promised.

Would do business with PhotoSF again without hesitation.

Thanks,

Alex
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2014
    Is the 70-200 still available?
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
    edited April 17, 2014
    Reply re Nikon 70-200 lens
    Mike J wrote: »
    Is the 70-200 still available?

Hey Mike, yes the lens is available. Alex bought my D800 body a couple of weeks ago and alerted me that I had messages waiting regarding my lenses for sale, the 70-200 apparently of particular interest. I haven't been checking the site; my bad, apologies!

Feel free to write me directly if you prefer: gordontucker@hotmail.com

Gordon
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2014
    I just received the 70-200 from PhotoSF and am very happy with it. The transaction was very smooth and I would not hesitate to work again with him. That 70-300 is looking temping...
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
    edited May 8, 2014
    Thanks Mike
    Mike J wrote: »
    I just received the 70-200 from PhotoSF and am very happy with it. The transaction was very smooth and I would not hesitate to work again with him. That 70-300 is looking temping...

Mike, thanks for the feedback. Pleasure getting the lens into your hands! Gordon
  • mickicdmickicd Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2014
    PhotoSF wrote: »
    I'm selling a perfect-condition Nikon D800 (that I purchased on Amazon last year for $2900). I'd purchased it with the plan of doing a complete changeout of my Canon gear to Nikon (also bought 3 Nikon lenses at that time--see below). Shutter count on the camera is under 400. I've found that I'm just not shooting that much in general at this point and it's better in another photographer's admiring hands, and I still have the full set of Canon gear I've built over a longer period of time that I'm going to keep (I'm definitely in the category of a classic gear-head... :-) )

The three lenses I'd purchased at the same time, and am also selling, are these (all are in perfect condition due to very limited use)--either as part of a bundle with the D800 body, or will separate (I prefer to sell as a complete set):

--AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED (Amazon $1,900)
    --AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED (Amazon $590)
    --AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II (Amazon $2,400)

All original boxes/packaging materials/carrying cases where originally provided by Nikon, and warranty cards.

The bundle price I'm looking for is $6,495 and I will pay for domestic insured shipping to you. Let me know if you'd like to buy a lens individually and we can discuss price.

Gordon

How much do you want for the 24-70?
    edited October 28, 2014
    mickicd wrote: »
    How much do you want for the 24-70?

All sold now, thanks for checking on it. G