Options

Moonrise in the Trees

moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
edited April 16, 2014 in Landscapes
Thanks to the weather, I wasn't able to shoot the eclipse - not only was it cloudy, but a thunderstorm rolled through right as it was getting to the best part. Tonight, I saw the glow of the Moon poking over the horizon, and dragged my stuff out into the cold for a few shots.

JM_2014_04_15_Moon_002-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2014
    Like the idea and will use it in future! Sharp branches are creating the sensation that moon is sharp! Even though it is in bokeh! I was dreaming of catching a bat or bird with bloody moon or even just full moon! One day!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited April 15, 2014
    I like this interpretation! Too bad the weather was a no-go for the eclipse. Another is in October, I believe.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2014
    this is cool... agree that the tree limbs distract the bit of blurred moon. NICE
  • Options
    csndcocsndco Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2014
    moose135 wrote: »
    Thanks to the weather, I wasn't able to shoot the eclipse - not only was it cloudy, but a thunderstorm rolled through right as it was getting to the best part. Tonight, I saw the glow of the Moon poking over the horizon, and dragged my stuff out into the cold for a few shots.

That would make a great card...also, a great photo for a business card and stationary.