Options

night shot and self portrait

JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
edited April 25, 2014 in Landscapes
I finally had a chance to do some fun photography (we moved recently and I've been super busy with other stuff).

Intended to shoot the lunar eclipse, but the day of was a travelling/set-up camp/do a half-days work and just had no time to set up for what I wanted with the eclipse. I got a few solo moon shots, but nothing to speak about.

Had some time over the next week to set up the way I wanted though.

1) Self portrait

i-BMkR3d7-M.jpg

2) Moon trail (second of two trials. I was having a hard time getting the colors to look normal during the high lunar noon, so with this one I took the foreground exposure from one of the last frames during the sunrise when the light was rather blue, which worked out better, I'm not sure if it was the lens or the camera settings I was having issues with).

i-wHPwRhX-M.jpg
Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.

Comments

• Options
    JCJC Registered Users Posts: 768 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2014
    Amazing shots! Love the way to created and added special effects in the shots. So creative. Well done.

thanks! This was my second attempt at moontrails, and I'm unaccountably happy how it turned out. Just to be clear though, everything in the images was done in the shots, the only thing I did in post processing was to stack the nights images together.
    Yeah, if you recognize the avatar, new user name.
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2014
    Nice work... fun results.
    The landscape in #2 is quite ethereal looking - cool!
    Eric ~ Smugmug