Move a moon, how?

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited October 31, 2004 in Technique
I managed to do it by cloning. And changing the size of the "donor" moon to match the size of the "new" moon.

So, unless that is a terrible way to do things, I am OK, now. However, if someone knows the page this info is on in The Photoshop Book For Digital Photographers, by Scott Kelby, I would appreciate the info, as I am going to need it sometime.

I made multiple copies of a couple of the moon photos, where the moon is intact, not blown. This is so elementary, I can't find it in my CS books. How to get the moon from one photo to another.

I think making multiple copies was smart of me, the rest is pretty dumb.......I have no idea how to move things. Especially when they are kind of small, and the sky is a darker/lighter color around what I move.

I do not know how to paste, easily, by definition. There are places under edit, I think, that say "paste" and "paste to". I don't find those things in my books.

I do not know what the term mask really means, so if you use it, please say a bit about what you mean to do.

These are elementary subjects, but I do like a couple of moon shots that need a real "small" moon in them.

Snappy, you told me how once, but my spyware, or whatever my problem was, my whole mail thing, Outlook Express, it blew up and disappeared. I had info from you and Andy stored there. It is gone now. Has been for a few weeks.

Could someone please help me.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• MaynardMaynard Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited October 30, 2004
    In photoshop you open your pic and then go to layers LAYERS> DUPLICATE BACKGROUND, on the duplicated layer use the eclise tool and draw a circle around the moon your going to move, then go to EDIT>COPY. Go back to LAYERS>NEW you can name the layer moon1 in the layers pallette it will be MOON1 activate this layer (click it it will be blue highlighted) go EDIT> PASTE this will paste the moon on the moon1 layer. click on the background copy to show an eye on the left (should be eyes on both layers) using the move tool postion the moon where you want. to add more moons repeat the proess. When your done working the pic go to LAYERS> FLATTEN IMAGE THEN SAVE.

This is an easy way to do it without using a mask. I hope this helps.
    Maynard
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2004
    Maynard wrote:
    In photoshop you open your pic and then go to layers LAYERS> DUPLICATE BACKGROUND, on the duplicated layer use the eclise tool and draw a circle around the moon your going to move, then go to EDIT>COPY. Go back to LAYERS>NEW you can name the layer moon1 in the layers pallette it will be MOON1 activate this layer (click it it will be blue highlighted) go EDIT> PASTE this will paste the moon on the moon1 layer. click on the background copy to show an eye on the left (should be eyes on both layers) using the move tool postion the moon where you want. to add more moons repeat the proess. When your done working the pic go to LAYERS> FLATTEN IMAGE THEN SAVE.

This is an easy way to do it without using a mask. I hope this helps.
    Maynard
    Thank you so much, Maynard. I have never understood masks. I can work around almost everything, but this looks, as you said, easier.

Also, I think it answers the question I have had about pasting. If you read this, when people say they past a dark photo over a light version of same, can they (I) just go to paste in edit and use that? My book gives a very complicated way.

Also, isn't there another "paste" in the edit thing, something called "paste to", something like that. I noticed that there were the two things, I remember that, so I was confused.

Thanks so much for your easy answer on my moon question. I hate masks.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.