Options

Colorado Wildflowers

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited August 30, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
I know I'm going to get blasted by Tom for posting flower shots, but I'm feeling pretty confident in my manhood anyway :rofl

This summer produced some nice wildflowers. Here are a few. I apologize that I can't tell the names of any of these as I am ignorant to flower names.
Randy

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2014
    Lovely! Comps are fantastic! Moth is precious, despite bg being same as subject it is still rocks.thumb.gifclap
    #3 is the only iffy for me....the bokeh is too strong on flower on right and as big as the flower in focus...you might be better off just keeping one of those puppies....Pard (Am I allowe to say pard?):D
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2014
    Well, pard, I would give you a blasting but you pulled a trick on me. You posted so many of the things that it threw my response software out of kilter. I should have known that you'd resort to some sort of shenanigans. I'll be prepared, though, the next time you chose to visit the dark side. I hate to think of the shame Tater feels when you go off the deep end like this.

Drink more beer....perhaps this affliction will leave you.

Y'all stay safe, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2014
    I do a fair amount of flower photography, my wife has 240 plus varieties of daylilies. Years ago it was more documentary, now I try to be more artistic.

Given that, #1 and #4 are my favorites. Color looks good and the images have an artistic touch. I like the lighting, DOF and composition of #1.

For me, #2 and #3 are little too bright and #5 and #6 I think could be cropped more to focus on the subject.

I hope you don't me posting my thoughts.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Lovely! Comps are fantastic! Moth is precious, despite bg being same as subject it is still rocks.thumb.gifclap
    #3 is the only iffy for me....the bokeh is too strong on flower on right and as big as the flower in focus...you might be better off just keeping one of those puppies....Pard (Am I allowe to say pard?):D

Thanks for looking and your comments!

You can call me Pard anytime thumb.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2014
    Well, pard, I would give you a blasting but you pulled a trick on me. You posted so many of the things that it threw my response software out of kilter. I should have known that you'd resort to some sort of shenanigans. I'll be prepared, though, the next time you chose to visit the dark side. I hate to think of the shame Tater feels when you go off the deep end like this.

Drink more beer....perhaps this affliction will leave you.

Y'all stay safe, buddy,

Tom

I was hoping that your Internet connection might be down until this post was buried several pages down. But no... you are probably hard wired to the Internet hub, you know, Al Gore's house rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • Options
    edited August 30, 2014
    I do a fair amount of flower photography, my wife has 240 plus varieties of daylilies. Years ago it was more documentary, now I try to be more artistic.

Given that, #1 and #4 are my favorites. Color looks good and the images have an artistic touch. I like the lighting, DOF and composition of #1.

For me, #2 and #3 are little too bright and #5 and #6 I think could be cropped more to focus on the subject.

I hope you don't me posting my thoughts.

Phil

Hi Phil,

I appreciate your thoughts!
    Randy