No Rust Here

lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
edited September 13, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
1969 Camaro - Vroom, Vroom. Shown at Midland, Mi. downtown car show.

Comments and criticism most appreciated.

Phil

20140914%20Midland%20Color%20%26%20Cars-2777%20background%20blacked%20out%20recropped-X2.jpg
http://www.PhilsImaging.com
"You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
Phil

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2014
    Very well done, Phil. thumb.gif We'd all like to get shots with no trunk or hood raised. Most of the time we just have to live with it when it happens. Car shows...big or small... can be tough to shoot.

I really like how you filled the frame with the car. And why not.... it's the main subject and deserves to be treated as such. That's one fine looking ride. It sure brightens up a dull looking day.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    Great shot Phil! So good, I wonder if it would this great if the hood was closed. Are you using any processing to make background gray? It is working and making the car pop like no ones business! Love it!
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Great shot Phil! So good, I wonder if it would this great if the hood was closed. Are you using any processing to make background gray? It is working and making the car pop like no ones business! Love it!
    Very well done, Phil. thumb.gif We'd all like to get shots with no trunk or hood raised. Most of the time we just have to live with it when it happens. Car shows...big or small... can be tough to shoot.

I really like how you filled the frame with the car. And why not.... it's the main subject and deserves to be treated as such. That's one fine looking ride. It sure brightens up a dull looking day.

Tom

Thanks guys, I value your opinion and expertise!

I took this shot with fill flash at -2.3ev, and spot metered.

Regarding background gray - I used PS to convert it to black and white. Used LR to reduce red luminance and vivid camera setting. And I cloned out a few people standing behind the car.

That was a fun show. I have shots of more vehicles I will post soon. This one stood out when I took the shot and I was looking forward to processing it.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil