Options

Great Blue Heron (White Morph)

Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
edited November 23, 2014 in Wildlife
Browsing through my archives for a project my photo club is doing, I came upon this image from six years ago that I had never worked up.

Jack%20Ganson%20Great%20Blue%20Heron%20White%20Morph_Lg-XL.jpg

Jack
(My real name is John but Jack'll do)

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2014
    Fantastic shot John, and great idea to morph it! thumb.gif
    Now it is jumping out of BG with crispiness and details! In fact, to me, focal point is so strong that it is refusing to let the eye wander to BG!
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Fantastic shot John, and great idea to morph it! thumb.gif
    Now it is jumping out of BG with crispiness and details! In fact, to me, focal point is so strong that it is refusing to let the eye wander to BG!

Thanks Taz. I appreciate your comments and critique as always. Not sure I understand "great idea to morph it!" Your comment seems to suggest I took a GBH and changed it somehow. This is the white varient of the GBH which is not very common. The image was captured in southern florida about six years ago.

Jack
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2014
    Jack'll do wrote: »
    Thanks Taz. I appreciate your comments and critique as always. Not sure I understand "great idea to morph it!" Your comment seems to suggest I took a GBH and changed it somehow. This is the white varient of the GBH which is not very common. The image was captured in southern florida about six years ago.

Well, I didn't know that critter existed so I gave you props for processing! Embarrasing!:hide
    Well I am no Geologist so it was an honest mistake!rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks for education and sharing fantastic shot!
    Always joyous for me to see and learn things I don't know about!
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Well, I didn't know that critter existed so I gave you props for processing! Embarrasing!:hide
    Well I am no Geologist so it was an honest mistake!rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks for education and sharing fantastic shot!
    Always joyous for me to see and learn things I don't know about!

Actually I didn't know about this variant until just the other day. I had taken a large number of images on a trip to florida 6-7 years ago and when I initially worked them up I overlooked this one thinking it was just another Great White Egret. When I came across it the other day, I noticed the spike out the back of the head which started me looking at the other images and found one that showed the legs. These legs were cream colored while egrets are black.Also on the GWE the lore (where the beak meets the face is greenish). A little research showed it to be the white morph of the GBH.

Jack
  • Options
    Hunter58Hunter58 Registered Users Posts: 723 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2014
    Darn Jack you are lucky to have captured one of those. Still on my want list.
  • Options
    Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2014
    Wow this is cool to see. Thanks for sharing and one that I have yet to see myself.