watermarking issues in a gallery

dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
edited April 7, 2007 in SmugMug Support
looks like i'm having some issues w/ watermarking on one of my galleries.
http://dangin.smugmug.com/gallery/2498395

i've tried to remove watermarking completely from the gallery a couple of times now and some of the images still have it. another issue is when i open up the watermarking page for the gallery it displays the "image processing" icon instead of the image thumbnail itself. help?!
- Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
- my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
- follow me on twitter: @danginphoto

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 19, 2007
    dangin wrote:
    looks like i'm having some issues w/ watermarking on one of my galleries.
    http://dangin.smugmug.com/gallery/2498395

i've tried to remove watermarking completely from the gallery a couple of times now and some of the images still have it. another issue is when i open up the watermarking page for the gallery it displays the "image processing" icon instead of the image thumbnail itself. help?!
    This may or may not be the problem here, but removing watermarks from a gallery that large is going to take a little while. For each image, we have to recreate most of the image sizes all over again, in addition to the thousands of other processing requests from other users occurring simultaneously.

As I am posting this, it appears as though half of the gallery is done processing. I don't know if you (or another one of us) is working on it or not, so I don't know if the images are stuck processing or not.

If you are retrying it, could you take a break and give us some time to look at it?

Edit: It appears that they are indeed stuck in processing. This may take a while to fix, but I'm looking into it. Sorry!
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    This may or may not be the problem here, but removing watermarks from a gallery that large is going to take a little while. For each image, we have to recreate most of the image sizes all over again, in addition to the thousands of other processing requests from other users occurring simultaneously.

As I am posting this, it appears as though half of the gallery is done processing. I don't know if you (or another one of us) is working on it or not, so I don't know if the images are stuck processing or not.

If you are retrying it, could you take a break and give us some time to look at it?

Edit: It appears that they are indeed stuck in processing. This may take a while to fix, but I'm looking into it. Sorry!

i figured it'd take a while so i gave it overnight to process between saturday and sunday. when it didn't go, i tried it again today. thx for looking into it. lemme know how it goes. Thx!!!
    - Dan

edited March 21, 2007
    any luck with this issue?
    - Dan

edited March 21, 2007
    dangin wrote:
    any luck with this issue?

Sorry, our engineers are still working on it. I will see if I can't pester them a little more.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited March 26, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    Sorry, our engineers are still working on it. I will see if I can't pester them a little more.

bowdown.gif
    - Dan

edited March 27, 2007
    dangin wrote:
    bowdown.gif
    I'm really, really sorry. I don't know what to tell you. The engineer that can fix the problem has been extremely busy and is currently at a conference as a speaker.

I emailed him again today to remind him to look into it again and see if he can't figure it out.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited April 7, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    I'm really, really sorry. I don't know what to tell you. The engineer that can fix the problem has been extremely busy and is currently at a conference as a speaker.

I emailed him again today to remind him to look into it again and see if he can't figure it out.

it's going on 2.5, almost 3 weeks since i first reported the problem. not to sound like an ass, but i'm glad this is not a major problem. but at the same time, it worries me if i ever do encounter something major...
    - Dan

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2007
    dangin wrote:
    it's going on 2.5, almost 3 weeks since i first reported the problem. not to sound like an ass, but i'm glad this is not a major problem. but at the same time, it worries me if i ever do encounter something major...
    Let me try one thing for you.
    edited April 7, 2007
    This one is stumping me.

I've rotated the images right/left, to regenerate new display copies.

I've added a photo to the gallery to try and "refresh" the gallery.

I've tried remove, several times. No dice.

I'll keep asking for help on this.
    edited April 7, 2007
    So, make 2nd copy of a photo, then remove the watermark, that works. Very strange.

I can have this sorted for you, by hand, if that's the way you'd like me to proceed?

Or can you reupload these photos?

Let me know. Either way, sorry for the hassle. I've put $150 in referral credits in your account, your next year's service is ON THE HOUSE :D
    edited April 7, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    So, make 2nd copy of a photo, then remove the watermark, that works. Very strange.

I can have this sorted for you, by hand, if that's the way you'd like me to proceed?

Or can you reupload these photos?

Let me know. Either way, sorry for the hassle. I've put $150 in referral credits in your account, your next year's service is ON THE HOUSE :D

oh wow, thx andy. that's both unexpected and very appreciated. thank you.

i'll need to talk to the couple about re-uploading the images. i don't know if they're currently linking to them. they had mentioned how many of their relatives are using them on their myspace pages. so i'm not sure whether or not a whole bunch of people will have little red x's on their websites and what not.

ain't technology wonderful? headscratch.gif
    - Dan