Water Boy!!!

MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited May 18, 2005 in People
22187208-M.jpgYes, at the zoo today I met a true water boy! This little tyke's parents were unsuccessful trying to get this little guy to voluntarily go into the water fountain shoots but, after physically leading him through the water, he then decided the water was a fun / new discovery on his own.

here you see him first getting acquainted with the water :-)
22187205-M.jpg

Then he started REALLY discovering the water, by redirecting it's flow via obstruction from his behind! lol

22160283-M.jpg

Here he is again, getting aquainted with the water fountain

Last: these TWO twins, really made my head spin at the beach the other day.. I thought I was seeing double but, was actually seeing two different little beach goers :-)

22187201-M.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my RARE attempt at candid photography?

Markjay
Markjay
Canon AE1 - it was my first "real camera"
Canon 20D - no more film!

Comments

• rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2005
    thumb.gifThese are excellent!! They actually made me giggle he is so wonderful!
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    Excuse my amateur speak. I know what I want it to look like but I'm not sure how to do it. I think these are wonderful shots. I was looking at the second one and wondering if it could do better with a closer crop or if you could lighten the shadow in his face but still keep the detail. For not being really experienced with the candids I think you did a great job capturing the joy of this little boy. Especially since you tackled a hard subject, kids! Good job.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 16, 2005
    Oh how wonderful!!! Great captures. That #2 shot is just great thumb.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    I LOVE number 2. What an expression clap.gif
  • MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    That expression you captured in #2 is just fantastic! Love it! clap.gif

AJ
  • MarkjayMarkjay Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2005
    Glad to make you smile, thanks....
    Ofcourse posting the images here, part of my goal was to make you smile :-)

rahmonster wrote:
    thumb.gifThese are excellent!! They actually made me giggle he is so wonderful!
    Markjay
    edited May 16, 2005
    Thank you........
    Thanks for the comments / critique. I didn't really spend very much "post processing" time on these, 'cause I just posted them quickly for the sake of comments / sharing.

Excuse my amateur speak. I know what I want it to look like but I'm not sure how to do it. I think these are wonderful shots. I was looking at the second one and wondering if it could do better with a closer crop or if you could lighten the shadow in his face but still keep the detail. For not being really experienced with the candids I think you did a great job capturing the joy of this little boy. Especially since you tackled a hard subject, kids! Good job.
    Ashley
    Markjay
    edited May 16, 2005
    Thank you........
    Kids are not an easy thing to photograph, especially with a bunch of adults wondering why this stranger is photographing these / this kid? It's a tough world for photographers these days, everybody is suspicious of everybody.

Ashley
    Markjay
    edited May 16, 2005
    What an expression is right.......
    It would have been more fun for you to have been there to see the other expressions in between shots. The child was so curious, yet so hesitant, so anxious, yet so scared.... until he took the "plunge" :):

lynnma wrote:
    I LOVE number 2. What an expression clap.gif
    Markjay
  • SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    Number 2 and 3 are priceless! clap.gifclap.gif I hope that you will be able to share these photos with his family, I bet that they'll love 'em. Excellent jobthumb.gif

Susan
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2005
    Love the shots
    Makes me wish I was three again with no worries- though I hate soggy shoes////Mereimage
  • canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2005
    number 3 is my favorite. Love how you froze hist expression and the water!