Micro 4/3 camera (with fast prime is a bonus)

PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
edited June 21, 2012 in The Other Guys
I want a smallish 4/3rds camera with a fast prime lens. My first choice is the GX1, but I'm open to others.

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 4, 2012
    Camera companies really should take better care with their model names...

I scratched my head for a minute and was wondering if I should send you a message asking if you fell and hit your head, because the GX1 is neither 4/3 nor does it have a fast prime lens. Oh, wait, you want a GX1, not a G1X!

lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2012
    If you're still looking, I'd suggest that you check some of the demo and refurbished deals that have been around recently. I picked up an E-PL1 demo about a month ago, with the 14-42 kit lens, for around $200. The kit is running a little higher now (I ordered from Cameta camera, and they are only showing the blue in stock right now, and the prices is $23). I also got a fast prime by buying a de-kitted Panasonic 14mm f/2.5 off of ebay. You could get the de-kitted Pany lens and a demo E-PL1 (no kit lens) for around $300.
  • douflagdouflag Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2012
    Pupator wrote: »
    I want a smallish 4/3rds camera with a fast prime lens. My first choice is the GX1, but I'm open to others.

Sent msg. I have one for sale on the forum.
    My selling policy: PM me saying: "I'll take it". You'll be the first in line, and I'll answer any questions you have. Respond within 15 minutes of my responses, or item goes to next person in line.
  • douflagdouflag Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2012
    oops, dbl post.
    My selling policy: PM me saying: "I'll take it". You'll be the first in line, and I'll answer any questions you have. Respond within 15 minutes of my responses, or item goes to next person in line.
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2012
    I love my GH2 with the 20mm f/1.7 but mostly for video.
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2012
    I bought the NEX -F3. Thanks