DEAL: B&H codes/sales

David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
edited June 11, 2008 in Flea Market
Forgive me if this has already been mentioned...

"psmay06" now works in the search box. Fantastic deals to be had. :D
My Smugmug
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Lookin at the 5D Dave? You know you want it.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited May 25, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Lookin at the 5D Dave? You know you want it.

Everyone knows I want that, and another bagfull of other fun goodies with either the Canon logo or a seal of approval from MaxMax. As I was opening the Visa bill today, one of my two employers called me. I got laid off today. :cry Talk about bad timing! No new gear joy. But I have 1,011 images to go through from last week. That'll keep me occupied for awhile. :D
    My Smugmug
    edited May 25, 2006
    Sorry to hear the bad news Dave. I hope things turn out alright for ya.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    David, I'm so sorry to hear that. I sure hope this decent economy offers you up a good next gig.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    Is this something that BH does every month? Is it valid only for the rest of May?
    edited May 25, 2006
    PeterGar wrote:
    Is this something that BH does every month? Is it valid only for the rest of May?

Every couple of months. The previous was psmar. When they are at some trade show, they hand out a printed flyer or a web sheet. Those prices are supposed to only be for the attendees, but they have no way of knowing where the sale actually comes from, and apparently don't care. All sales from these codes are accepted. Sometimes you need to place the item into the sales cart to see if there's additional savings.
    My Smugmug
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    I'm not sure I understand this. You call it a sale code, but talk about typing it in the search box. I did a search for it and 250 items came up, at prices that don't look to be sales at first glance. Am I supposed to put the code in at the time of purchase, in the promotion / redemption / coupon box?

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    one of my two employers called me. I got laid off today. :cry Talk about bad timing!
    Tough call mate...plenty of work about or is it hard times there atm ?
    edited May 25, 2006
    I'm not sure I understand this. You call it a sale code, but talk about typing it in the search box. I did a search for it and 250 items came up, at prices that don't look to be sales at first glance. Am I supposed to put the code in at the time of purchase, in the promotion / redemption / coupon box?

-Matt-

Do a search for "psmay" sans quotes and then click on Canon under "Refine Results". It will list all special pricing for canon products under that code. The BH part numbers will be psmay*****, *being numbers. So basically by searching for psmay you are searching for all BH part numbers starting with psmay.

For example search for a Canon 17-40 f/4L without using the above mentioned search. The price will be $679.95. If you search for psmay first and then refine by canon and find the 17-40 f/4L you will find a price of $629.95, $50 less than the regular price. Try searching for different months, such as psmar, psjan. They will have different items and different prices, although not all months work.

Some items are greatly discounted such as the 5D. Doing the right search and using the $300 mail in rebate you can get it for $2594.95 + tax and shipping, regular price is $3179.95
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited May 26, 2006
    Good call! The code changes the price of the Canon 580ex from $279.99 to $259.99. With no tax and shipping added, this is the lowest price I've found anywhere for a new domestic one.

Oddly, when searching the regular prices, the page for the 580ex mentions the $20 rebate that's available for it right now from Canon, but when searching for it with the sales code, the similar page displaying the sale price does not mention the rebate. I thought that was interesting.

Anyhow, it looks like I get to spend the money I saved by packing my own lunch to the office everyday for a couple of months instead of eating out. ING Direct helped a little too. Thanks for the sale code! clap.gif
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 26, 2006
    I can confirm that it works. I bought a Nikkor 70-200 that will be delivered today. The code saved me about $100 then I got the rebate from Nikon for $100. thumb.gif
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,762 moderator
    edited May 26, 2006
    David_S85 wrote:
    Everyone knows I want that, and another bagfull of other fun goodies with either the Canon logo or a seal of approval from MaxMax. As I was opening the Visa bill today, one of my two employers called me. I got laid off today. :cry Talk about bad timing! No new gear joy. But I have 1,011 images to go through from last week. That'll keep me occupied for awhile. :D

David,

Sorry to hear about the employer call. If you disconnect your phone, that'll never happen again. :D

I was laid off back in January this year, after 31 years with the same employer (at least 4 different jobs there, however.)

Best of luck,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited May 26, 2006
    ziggy53 wrote:
    David,

Sorry to hear about the employer call. If you disconnect your phone, that'll never happen again. :D

I was laid off back in January this year, after 31 years with the same employer (at least 4 different jobs there, however.)

Best of luck,

ziggy53

Thanks, Zig. Things are better today. It wasn't as much a layoff but a huge downsizing of my hours (4 days to 2 days). But that made finances go backward, so I made a phone call this morning. 1st interview was today. Probable new job begins within 2 weeks. I've never really had to seriously look for a job in my life - yet. I might even be able to use that psmay sometime soon, if things go well. :D
    My Smugmug
  • jrollinsjrollins Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited May 27, 2006
    Thanks for the code indeed! I pulled the trigger on that Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS that I've been drooling over.

:D
    Canon 20D with Grip
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2006
    Thanks Dave
    And sorry to hear about the lay off

I just attended the Creativity seminar in Columbus Oh.
    I ask B&H about the code and they gave me a funny look and said the code today is better then the one on the forums.:D

By the way this was the seminar with Bert Monroy
    This man is a Photoshop genius

Also thing to keep in mind is if you are a NAPP member shipping is free from B&H phone orders only
  • luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2006
    So who gets the code? How can we get the latest one at all times?
    edited May 28, 2006
    The BHivinci Code
    USAIR wrote:
    I ask B&H about the code and they gave me a funny look and said the code today is better then the one on the forums.:D

Same question... if there's a better and more super-secret code, then what is it?
    My Smugmug
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    Sorry to mislead ...i didn't do a very good job explaining

It's the same psmay06
    I ask the guy from B&H if the code on the forums was the same as the one he just gave me at the seminar and he made a big deal that it was better...it's the same...wish I had a super code for you guys it would have been posted the second I got it.

Fred
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2006
    PeterGar wrote:
    Good call! The code changes the price of the Canon 580ex from $279.99 to $259.99. With no tax and shipping added, this is the lowest price I've found anywhere for a new domestic one.

Wait...is that a typo or are they changing the sale prices during the month? The sale code gets me a 580ex for $359.95.

Without the code, $379.95 and $20 rebate, or same price, which means I use the code, because as we all know, rebates suck...
    edited June 1, 2006
    colourbox wrote:
    Wait...is that a typo or are they changing the sale prices during the month? The sale code gets me a 580ex for $359.95.

Without the code, $379.95 and $20 rebate, or same price, which means I use the code, because as we all know, rebates suck...

Opps... that was a typo! 11doh.gif

Yes, $359.95 with code. Not $259.95.
    edited June 1, 2006
    PeterGar wrote:
    Opps... that was a typo!
    Yes, $359.95 with code. Not $259.95.

No problem, $259.95 didn't seem right. In fact, since May is coming to a close, I pushed the button yesterday and ordered a 580ex for my XT. I couldn't resist...my local stores and Amazon want a lot more $$$ for that flash...thanks B&H!!!
    edited June 1, 2006
    Sometimes the end of May isn't the end of May
    Note: B&H usually keeps these sale prices active for several months. There probably won't be a psjun.

colourbox wrote:
    No problem, $259.95 didn't seem right. In fact, since May is coming to a close, I pushed the button yesterday and ordered a 580ex for my XT. I couldn't resist...my local stores and Amazon want a lot more $$$ for that flash...thanks B&H!!!
    My Smugmug
    edited June 1, 2006
    Still no problem. I'm gonna need it in a couple weeks and I need to learn how to work the thing with a diffuser and bounce techniques... ne_nau.gif ...a few threads in this forum have been helpful about that!

Thanks, though. It's useful to know that psmay doesn't just mean May.
  • FACzenFACzen Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 5, 2006
    docwalker wrote:
    I can confirm that it works. I bought a Nikkor 70-200 that will be delivered today. The code saved me about $100 then I got the rebate from Nikon for $100. thumb.gif

So did you get the lens? First impressions? I'm on the verge of buying one too.
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 5, 2006
    FACzen wrote:
    So did you get the lens? First impressions? I'm on the verge of buying one too.
    Got it. First impressions? You tell me:

http://www.docwalkersphotography.com/popular/1/72306884
    http://www.docwalkersphotography.com/popular/1/72281199

thumb.gif I love it. I ran over 1,000 photos through it this weekend. Only 200 culled so far and most of those were exposure/composition problems and not camera shake.

I shot a wedding Friday night and so far I am very pleased with the results. The f2.8 allowed me to open up the aperature for the low light shots. The zoom allowed me to stay in the shadows and out of the way of other guests. The bride and groom have commented that I was virtually invisible most of the night but still able to get the photos they wanted.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
    edited July 17, 2006
    Anybody have a current B&H sale code???

It might help get me into a 30D this week. :):

Thanks in advance.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    PeterGar wrote:
    Anybody have a current B&H sale code???

It might help get me into a 30D this week. :):

Thanks in advance.
    Try some of the ones here. I think at least of them may still work.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Red JRed J Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    psmay does still work. 30 off on a 30D.
  • photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    Oh no, not the 70-200 IS f/2.8L !!
    jrollins wrote:
    Thanks for the code indeed! I pulled the trigger on that Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS that I've been drooling over.
    You're a truly EVIL man, to mention that lens was on the list.

Now I have to consider something I (ahem) have no business considering mwink.gif .....
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

edited July 18, 2006
    Well, I did use psmay and bought a 30D, grip, and a couple batteries.

Oh what joy arrives in 3-5 days!!! :D